Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

02 PCV converted to old style?

Old 02-10-2004, 06:42 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 02 PCV converted to old style?

I have a set of valve covers that won't work with my 2002 LS1 PCV system. They have no provisions for the tube at the rear of the passenger side valve cover, and the tube at the front is crooked in a way that interferes with the PCV tube on the intake manifold. I assume this tube is the fresh air tube. But, if it is, there is no way for the pressure from the passenger-side valve cover to be let into the intake. Any thoughts on how to fix this?
Old 02-10-2004, 07:34 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by quickWS6
I have a set of valve covers that won't work with my 2002 LS1 PCV system. They have no provisions for the tube at the rear of the passenger side valve cover, and the tube at the front is crooked in a way that interferes with the PCV tube on the intake manifold. I assume this tube is the fresh air tube. But, if it is, there is no way for the pressure from the passenger-side valve cover to be let into the intake. Any thoughts on how to fix this?
Why not just drill the appropriate size hole and insert a rubber grummet for the rear passenger side?

Can you trim the tube in front to make it fit?

Tommy
Old 02-10-2004, 07:46 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by TaTommyWS6
Why not just drill the appropriate size hole and insert a rubber grummet for the rear passenger side?

Can you trim the tube in front to make it fit?

Tommy

The tube up front is actually angled the wrong way. I can't trim/cut it and have the fresh air tube still work on it. On the back, I don't need a hole, I need a metal tube on it.
Old 02-11-2004, 01:12 PM
TECH Addict

anyone know?

Search this Thread