Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CPT transmissions

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2011, 03:38 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CPT transmissions

Has anyone delt with Frank Cahall lately with CPT transmissions? I did a lot of work with him 3+ years ago and everything was great. I had one of his pro race transmissions finally start to slip after 3+ years of abuse. I got ahold of him and told him what was going on. shipped my trans to him about 1 and 1/2 months ago, then he dissappeared. I've tried getting ahold of him and no luck. So I decided to search a few threads and needless to say I did not like what I saw. but everything was back in 2009 that I found. I didnt know if maybe someone has recently delt with him or not. I hope I get my trans back.... I didnt think it was nec to search because I've already delt with him and everything was great. Until now!
Old 01-20-2011, 06:55 PM

I hate to say this but I thought he was done well over a year ago. It seems from what I read that there were a few guys in the same situation you are in back then. Man I hope you do not get screwed here and that things work out. Did you happen to give him any money for a deposit?
Old 01-20-2011, 09:24 PM
Teching In

Ya! I didnt even think anything of it. The 3-4 clutch started slipping. I still had his number in my phone so I called him up to do a refresh service on it and left him a message. He called back within a few hours and basically said to tear it out and send it down. He said he had a few transmissions there that he was working on and it shouldnt be a problem. so I sent it to him. He called me and told my he had recieved the trans. I then called him about a week later to discuss dex 3 versus dex 6. he called me back that same day. then after that he dissappeared. I did send him $250.00 for the refresh but thats it. after i sent him the trans thats when i started finding all the forums about the same thing happening to other people. Talk about bad timing. I did leave him another message this morning. Im planning on giving him to the end of the month. hopefully he calls back.
Old 01-29-2011, 11:10 PM
Teching In

Hopefully he comes through! Sad to see that someone that used to be so good just go to crap like that!
Old 01-30-2011, 03:52 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by boostedLSX
Has anyone delt with Frank Cahall lately with CPT transmissions? I did a lot of work with him 3+ years ago and everything was great. I had one of his pro race transmissions finally start to slip after 3+ years of abuse. I got ahold of him and told him what was going on. shipped my trans to him about 1 and 1/2 months ago, then he dissappeared. I've tried getting ahold of him and no luck. So I decided to search a few threads and needless to say I did not like what I saw. but everything was back in 2009 that I found. I didnt know if maybe someone has recently delt with him or not. I hope I get my trans back.... I didnt think it was nec to search because I've already delt with him and everything was great. Until now!
I have done several dealings with him and had great customer service. Of coarse all of this was like 5 years ago too though. At times then he was hard to get a hold of. Recently a buddy of mine sent a TH400 to him and has had a hard time getting in touch. Maybe he is having issues or something. Hope all works out for everyone's sake.
Old 05-24-2014, 05:39 PM
TECH Apprentice

I know this is a old thread, but I hear this guy did quality builds for a good price. Back when I was on the lt1 forum everyone loved him .

Anyone deal with him recently ?
Old 05-29-2014, 01:33 AM
8 Second Club

Received 698 Likes on 439 Posts

He posts over in the C5 forums. As far as I know he is in business.

I don't think he advertises there though.
Old 05-29-2014, 12:36 PM
11 Second Club

Received 54 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by maxspeed05V
I know this is a old thread, but I hear this guy did quality builds for a good price. Back when I was on the lt1 forum everyone loved him .

Anyone deal with him recently ?
About six months ago a buddy of mine dropped his trans off at Frank's place for a rebuild and everything turned out great. I dealt with him a couple years back and was completely satisfied.
Old 05-29-2014, 01:00 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just installed my CPT pro race in my 2000 z28 last week and love it. 1-2 shift is quick but the trans still maintains great street manners. Frank also hooked me up with with the right protorque converters or my setup. Great customer service, only con was getting the trans shipped back but Frank made it right as the shipping cost was a little higher than what he quoted me. I offered to send the difference and he said not to worry about it. Great guy and I would highly recommend.
Attached Thumbnails CPT transmissions-image-1500902363.jpg  
Old 03-22-2015, 01:09 PM
On The Tree

Hey guys! I'm still in business... Or should I say "back in business". I went through some health issues several years ago that caused me to take a couple years off, but I've been back up and stronger than ever for the past 4 years.

Frank
Old 03-22-2015, 01:14 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by boostedLSX
I don't recognize the screen name. I'm assuming that we resolved this?

Frank
Old 05-03-2015, 03:49 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by showvette
Hey guys! I'm still in business... Or should I say "back in business". I went through some health issues several years ago that caused me to take a couple years off, but I've been back up and stronger than ever for the past 4 years.

Frank
Frank! nice to see you posting again lol, glad to see your doing ok, looks like the vette is doing well. I'll get up with you soon bro...

Quick Reply: CPT transmissions