Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

wiseco pistons/eagle rods..bearing tangs face out?

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2011, 08:31 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wiseco pistons/eagle rods..bearing tangs face out?

hope to be getting my short block back from machine shop soon and had a couple question that i think i know but not sure so just want to throw out. i have built some motors but this is my first ls motor. i have wiseco pistons so im curious if they are clearance for the reluctor or does this brand not do that? next question is eagle rods. when they are on the pistons which way are the tangs on the bearings facing? i believe each bank the tangs will be facing the pan rail but not sure. i know it does not go the way the factory rods go. looking at the rods they look identical side to side unlike the flat spot on the stock rods. i know the dot on the piston faces forward so no worries there. just getting some basics ready before it comes back, thanks everyone
Old 01-21-2011, 10:02 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

When you get the rods, look at either side of the connecting rod at the bearing, one side is machined flat and the other side is beveled almost to a point. The flat surfaces need to be facing each other for 2 corresponding rods on one journal.
Old 01-21-2011, 11:39 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I have wiseco pistons in my 383 and no. 8 did not touch my reluctor. As far as the bearings in the rods,, the little tangs in the bearing will all be fine as long as you have the large bevel on the edge always facing the crank throw, never facing the opposing rod. I used the new king allecular bearings in mine, on the back of the bearings after the part number was a U or a L dictating upper or lower half.

Last edited by RARON455; 01-21-2011 at 11:45 AM.

Quick Reply: wiseco pistons/eagle rods..bearing tangs face out?