Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Need help with stock injectors

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2011, 05:10 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Need help with stock injectors

I have a pretty much stock 2000 LS1 in a Jeep Wrangler. I deleted all the EGR stuff. The motor just has a custom tune by Howell performance. I have already replaced one stock injector, which was a $100. Now i can tell i have another injector going bad. I don t want to spend $800 on replacing stock injectors. Is there any after market injectors that i can buy that would be close to stock. I know i would have to have it tuned again , and i am ok with that.NEED ADVICE, PLEASE HELP

Also if it makes any difference the motor sat for two years. I think that is why my injectors are going bad.
Old 01-21-2011, 06:29 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by gsd rule
I have a pretty much stock 2000 LS1 in a Jeep Wrangler. I deleted all the EGR stuff. The motor just has a custom tune by Howell performance. I have already replaced one stock injector, which was a $100. Now i can tell i have another injector going bad. I don t want to spend $800 on replacing stock injectors. Is there any after market injectors that i can buy that would be close to stock. I know i would have to have it tuned again , and i am ok with that.NEED ADVICE, PLEASE HELP

Also if it makes any difference the motor sat for two years. I think that is why my injectors are going bad.
do not buy the factory bosch injector from a stealership. We sell the identical injector brand new for 289 for the whole set of 8
http://www.corvetteinjectors.com/sho...p?productid=39
Old 01-21-2011, 07:34 PM
TECH Resident

why are the injectors going bad? are they simply not working?

if you have a 12V battery and an air tank you could test the injectors off of the car with the rail. all the injector is, is a relay basically and it cycles on and off.
Old 01-21-2011, 07:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by FICINJECTORS
do not buy the factory bosch injector from a stealership. We sell the identical injector brand new for 289 for the whole set of 8
http://www.corvetteinjectors.com/sho...p?productid=39
FIC FTW! Gave me a GREAT deal on flow-matched 60s, and GREAT to talk to when you have questions
Old 01-21-2011, 07:52 PM
Teching In

has it had 2 year old gas in tank? if so tank needs cleaned and so does fuel line, new fuel filter also. just my .02 i bought reman injectors for my 99 ta they were 49.95 each with free shipping $10.00 core to ship old back, within 30 days to get core back. cost like $12.00 to ship back.wish i would have seen the sponsor befor bought my injs.
Old 01-21-2011, 08:14 PM
Teching In

I think that the injectors are going bad from not being run for two years. When i replaced the first injector that went bad. that stopped the missing/popping coming out of the exhaust. now after a couple months its back. so i thought i have another injector going bad. and thought i should just replace all the injectors
Old 01-22-2011, 07:22 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by gsd rule
I think that the injectors are going bad from not being run for two years. When i replaced the first injector that went bad. that stopped the missing/popping coming out of the exhaust. now after a couple months its back. so i thought i have another injector going bad. and thought i should just replace all the injectors
when injectors sit, the old fuel, additives in the fuels etc. start to contaminate the injector. We often see this crystallized material inside the injector. We can rebuild them with much success but, we buy new ones in such volume that I can pass off the savings to my customers. These list for over 800 at GM. So, for 289 for 8 new ones is a
"no-brainer"