General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

headlight motor pigtail?

Old 01-22-2011, 02:55 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default headlight motor pigtail?

Anybody know where I can find the harness side pigtail for a T/A headlight motor. It's the bigger plug that connects to the one coming off of the actual motor.
Old 01-22-2011, 06:19 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

look at rockauto.com seen some connectors there.
Old 01-22-2011, 10:43 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'll tell you the exact part numbers. I just did this.

PT1015 is one end of the connector
PT1251 is the other end that PT1015 plugs into

Picked em both up on Amazon. PT1215 has no photo listed there, but it IS the correct part for a 98-02 Firebird. You'll know which you need by looking at the photo for PT1015

Remember to use plenty of Dielectric grease in the new plug to protect it from water damage.

The wire leads on those new plugs are VERY long. I left them long for ease of dealing with the plugs later on. You can either clip them shorter, or do what I did and use some properly sized wire loom that just about matches it to the loom in the car. Easy as pie, and now the plugs are no longer 4 inches long and impossible to deal with.

Also, I HIGHLY recommend doing what I did. When you replace the plug, do not just clip ALL the wires at once. I clipped one wire very close to the plug to maximise the extremely limited wire length down there, matched it to the new plug, spliced it, repeat till done. That way you won't ever miswire the new connector.
Old 01-23-2011, 10:58 AM
Save the manuals!

Received 322 Likes on 295 Posts

What's your problem? Is the connector body bad or are the terminals bad? You can crimp on new terminals or replace the body. Its cheaper than buying a pigtail, higher quality because you don't have splices, and will cost less money.

Search this Thread