Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

hey was wonding if this is possible

Old 01-25-2011, 04:55 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question hey was wonding if this is possible

is the any way to get a bigger lip on the front rims????? maybe get narrow rims then the 9.5 an different backspacing????will this work...an opinions? anyone with pic's???? i am bout to order my front tt2's an wanting to find out before i order...
Old 01-25-2011, 07:16 PM
On The Tree

no one knows????? if theres a way??
Old 01-26-2011, 11:08 AM
On The Tree

Narrower rims won't give you a bigger lip. Front lip is what is leftover after you get the backspace you need(which is not negotable) plus the thickness of the center: front lip is what is left after those 2. To make the backspace smaller pushes the rim outside(which is not good because of clearance with the fender and it looks goofy.) Decreasing the thickness of the center by cutting the backpad may cause caliper interference problems (although you MIGHT be able to massage this a little to get your new wheel as close to the caliper as you can without hitting), but realistically you won't gain much here, were talking 1/8ths of an inch at most. Picking a wheel with the thinnest of centers (which rules out most cast wheels like the TT2), plus the widest that will fit under the fenders and not hit when turning will give you the biggest lip possible on the outside.

Search this Thread