Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

clutch problems help!!!!!!!!

Old 01-26-2011, 11:34 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default clutch problems help!!!!!!!!

i just broke the new motor in on a 2001 ls1 trans am cam only i stopped in the road to let it eat one good time. first gear had to shift quick second gear the rpms stayed about 5500 and the car was going but it did not feel like 400 rwhp and the clutch pedal slowly came to the top until i let off the gas. when i got it back from the shop they told me that there was some air in the lines but it would work its way out but i dont think the air can work its way out. keep in mind that i did not smell the clutch at all and it has happened 3 times to me since the motor was broke in but if i am riding down the road and punch it the clutch does not slip and i even put it in 6th gear at 55mph and hit it the rpms did not over rev so does anybody know what could be the problem. i have a few mustangs that want to race me and i really want to hurt there feelings bad not just a little bit. ( at 55mph in 6th gear im just trying to see if the rpms over rev due to the clutch slipping not for it to put me back in my seat) had to post that because somebody on another thread i posted thought i wanted the car to put me in the back seat in 6th gear.
Old 01-26-2011, 11:57 AM
FormerVendor

I suggest having the hydraulic system bled, from the top and bottom, with a mighty-vac. This is the most thorough way to get air out of the system. If you have any questions about specifics let me know and I will be happy to assist you. Thanks,
Old 01-27-2011, 01:57 AM
Teching In

thank you so much i will try this ans see what happens. i hope this is the problem because at that high of rpm and the car not moving like it should the clutch should have burnt up if it was slipping and i should have been able to smell it.
Old 01-27-2011, 09:17 AM
FormerVendor

No problem at all! Let me know if you experience any other issues and I will be happy to help with trouble-shooting!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: clutch problems help!!!!!!!!