Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Where to get fittings, braided lines, etc. for B&M 28k GVW tranny cooler?

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2004, 01:15 PM
9 Second Club NA

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Where to get fittings, braided lines, etc. for B&M 28k GVW tranny cooler?

Ive decided that I will be going with the 28k gvw cooler that has the screw in fittings. What will I need to buy to get everything set up. I was just going to keep the 24k gvw cooler, but bending lines was more of a pain in the butt than I thought. I have a good tubing bender, its just so hard to get the right bend here or there. Im hoping that me doing this is going to be worth it and that I wont have any problem getting the lines where I want them. So Im guessing Im going to need fittings and some of that stainless steel line. Where would be the best place to get this stuff? Thanks. By the way, please specify exactly what I need, Ive never done this before.
Old 02-12-2004, 11:39 AM
9 Second Club NA

Also, how do you fasten the fittings onto the lines? Do you have to specify the exact lenght that you need or do you just order by the foot? Will the fittings in the tranny need to come out? Sorry for all the questions, just need to get this going. Its the only thing that Im lacking before I can say its done. Thanks.
Old 02-13-2004, 03:39 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

bump for you...i'm also interested
Old 02-13-2004, 08:00 PM
TECH Senior Member

summit and jegs offer a selection of braided lines with AN fittings. Just make sure you order the correct size (e.g. -6 AN). If you don't know what you have, either:
1) contact the manufacturer or
2) wait untill it arrives and take it into your local autoparts store.

Most of the stuff is designed so that you make your own hoses.
Old 02-13-2004, 08:04 PM
Launching!

Thank you,sir.
Old 07-27-2005, 06:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

The fittings are pretty easy to put on I do it all the time. You have to cut the braided line. nice square cut with like a dremel cutting wheel. Put masking tape on the end to help with the fraying. After the cut slide the back end of the fitting over the line, of course take the fitting apart. Then that little conical part comes next. Seperate the layer of braid from the teflon part so you can put that conical part onto it. Pound it on so it's on all the way. Then slide the front part of the fitting on (all the way). And finally take the back half and thread it on. Nice and tight. If you do it right, will not leak, and can handle some high damn pressure.