LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

hooker super comps

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2011, 03:12 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hooker super comps

I came into an awesome deal yesterday. I was getting the oil changed in my patrol car and talking to the owner of the business. We were talking cars and I remembered that he had been building an lt1 based hotrod a couple years back. And I mentionefd that my current project was my 95 t/a and I was hoping that he may have had a few leftover parts I could pick up cheap. I told him my first part was the headers I wanted and he....."I got some headers for an lt1" so if course I thought it would be some shorties, but to my astonishment he leads me to a storage room where a set of never used black lt hookers sat. Apparently he bought them for his rod and because he was using the motor from a 95 z28, that's what he ordered the headers to fit. Well let's just say that his hotrod and a camaro didn't share the same frame. So he said I paid a little over 400$ for them back a few years ago and ns was tired of looking at them. He said take them, test fit them and if you decide they work, bring me a hundred dollar bill. If they don't work, bring them back.

Now, here's the bad news. They are black paint which means they'll go to the chromer in a couple days and they don't have the o2 bungs in the collecter which means my mid pipe will have to have them installed. Pictures to come.
Old 01-26-2011, 03:39 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Have them ceramic coated, not chromed.

O2 bungs are like 10 bucks to buy and 10 bucks to weld in.

All problems solved.
Old 01-26-2011, 03:50 PM
On The Tree

Is there that big of a difference? Please enlighten. Im not very knowledgeable on baked or chemical added thermal barriers
Old 01-26-2011, 03:56 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by white ghost
Is there that big of a difference? Please enlighten. Im not very knowledgeable on baked or chemical added thermal barriers
While ceramic coating adds a small degree of corrosion resistance, they also keep underhood temperatures down and (theoretically) increase scavenging. It is FAR better than painted.
Old 01-26-2011, 04:21 PM
TECH Resident

Smoking deal, try Jethot, they usually have decent prices for coating headers.

-Dustin-
Old 01-26-2011, 04:39 PM
On The Tree

Well I have metal coating /plating shop close by. Would prefer to keep money in the community to help small business if possible. I did some research. I'll definately go ceramic.
Old 01-27-2011, 12:16 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by white ghost
Well I have metal coating /plating shop close by. Would prefer to keep money in the community to help small business if possible. I did some research. I'll definately go ceramic.
Even better, no shipping cost.

-Dustin-
Old 01-27-2011, 08:40 AM
On The Tree

Just got to looking at my headers. They part number for a 93-97 sbc camaro. But don't have the fast burn style d-ports. Is this a problem?
Old 01-27-2011, 10:07 AM
TECH Fanatic

super comps dont have d port style, its not a problem

Quick Reply: hooker super comps