General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

ABS Issues Please HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2011, 03:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ABS Issues Please HELP!

Where I'm lost is the Electronic Brake Control Module. The lights are ABS INOP, BRAKE, ACS OFF.

THIS IS INTERMITTENT, SOMETIMES I DONT GET ANY CODES (which is rare). WHEN THE LIGHTS DONT COME ON I KNOW IT'S WORKING, WHEN i STOMP ON IT THE COMPUTER OVERRIDES MY CONTROL AND REDUCES POWER TO THE SLIPPING WHEEL. WHEN THE DASH LIGHTS UP LIKE A CHRISTMAS TREE, NO COMPENSATION VIA COMPUTER.

I know the EBCM has been replace once before and failed about 1.5 years later.

ANY SUGGESTIONS??

I will be pulling off the wheels now and cleaning up the wheel sensors as well as replacing the lower b-joints in a few minutes. I'll be checking in periodically.
Old 01-26-2011, 07:38 PM
TECH Apprentice

Check the connections at the sensors at each wheel.
Old 01-26-2011, 09:16 PM
myk
TECH Fanatic

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Yes, definitely try cleaning them off. I tend to think in worst case scenarios so I immediately started pricing out ABS modules and all that jazz when my dash started giving me all those lights. I tried cleaning off the metallic fuzz on my sensors and the problem was solved. Let us know what happens!
Old 01-28-2011, 10:40 AM

I just replaced the upper and lower b-joints on Wednesday. I noticed the wheel sensor socket was cracked and didn't allow a proper (solid) connection as did the passenger side. The plug it self was clean and free of contaminants, however i fear that this is the issue. Not a tough fix but I was actually hoping for a pinched wire that was blatently obvious! LOL.

I will replace the spindle and let you guys/GIRLS know what happens. Thanks for the posts!!