General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

bad problems:(, cant figure it out, help please

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2011, 10:34 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default bad problems:(, cant figure it out, help please

okay so heres my problem, when i put my car into drive or reverse. it starts to go for a sec then it "grabs" like a jumping motion then it makes a LOUD clanking sound and when i turn left to, it does it REALLY BAD n my whole car jumps then that sounds happens again, idk what it could be, im guessing C-LOCK, differental gears, maybe a bad brake caliper, i do not know:< if so ill make a video to show u guys. but any suggestins on what it could be???
Old 01-28-2011, 11:54 AM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bad u-joints can make those noises, esp when loading then unloading the driveline. The play (slop) in the joints feels like it starts to grabs slowly, then surges with a clank sound.
Old 01-28-2011, 02:08 PM
Teching In

I had a problem like this. Went to town ( Town being 25 miles away ). When I got to town I turned a corner and heard a loud clank. So I pulled into the local wal-mart i was driving through the parking lot with my door open listening. Every time i would give it gas or let off the gas it would clank. So I had it towed home and took out the drive shaft. Unfortunately it wasnt the $40 u-joint. Took it to the shop the next day and they said the 3rd member needed to be reshimmed. $450 later it was fine. Didnt tear anything up thankfully.. P.s. my read end had a whine in it before it did this...
Old 02-24-2011, 11:14 AM
Teching In

found out it was my spider gears:'(