Need Help in Sugarland!! Broken Valvespring

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2011, 08:16 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Need Help in Sugarland!! Broken Valvespring

I have been having trouble with my car lately and turns out it is a broken valvespring. I have never done a job like this before and was wondering if any members could help me out. I will pay you. I plan to go buy a new set of springs tomorrow morning. If anybody is interested please shoot me a PM. I have an air compressor and pretty much any tool you will need. Although I do not have any valvespring specific tools. PM me if you can help I really need the car back by Monday for work. Thanks guys.
Old 01-28-2011, 08:53 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

i got some good used beehive springs u can have. if u want em. to get ur car back on road at least. dont have the compressor tool though.
Old 01-28-2011, 09:28 PM
Staging Lane

My cam lifts 625 so I am going to need a heavier duty spring. I think I have someone lined up just need to find some springs. Does anybody have any good high lift valvesprings for sale?
Old 01-30-2011, 01:11 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by trance565
My cam lifts 625 so I am going to need a heavier duty spring. I think I have someone lined up just need to find some springs. Does anybody have any good high lift valvesprings for sale?
Shoot me a pm.
Old 01-30-2011, 10:22 PM
TDP
FormerVendor

One of my best friends lives in Sugarland and does mobile mechanic work. I'll PM you his cell. He never answers, so maybe just text him...lol

He's really good and knows his shiet
Old 01-30-2011, 10:54 PM
Launching!

You have two different ways to do it, you can pull the heads off and change the valve springs. or you can force air into each cylinder via an air compressor and do one at a time and hope to God that you don't drop a valve. either way you can expect to spend a fair amount of money. That's if you didn't drop a valve already and have further damage. I would recommend doing it by removing the heads..
Old 01-30-2011, 11:02 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by kennyxg
You have two different ways to do it, you can pull the heads off and change the valve springs. or you can force air into each cylinder via an air compressor and do one at a time and hope to God that you don't drop a valve. either way you can expect to spend a fair amount of money. That's if you didn't drop a valve already and have further damage. I would recommend doing it by removing the heads..
Its a pretty simple job first time I broke a valve spring LS6/Beehive I never did this type of work on my car before, hell I haven't even taken the valve covers off. But a buddy walked me threw it over the phone (haha yeah), and it was a cake job just takes some time and never rush if you attempt to do this try not to drop a valve, this will just cause you more time and work. Since that day i have done multiple valve springs jobs and its as easy as the first time I can just do it a lot faster now. I say attempt it and see if you can do it there is a write up on LS1howto.com

Last edited by TooMuchMoney; 01-31-2011 at 12:53 AM.
Old 01-30-2011, 11:50 PM
Staging Lane

Pretty sure a valve has not been dropped as the car was running the very day I pulled the cover off and found the broken spring. The car had been running funny for 2 weeks and I looked at everything, spark plugs, wires, coil packs, o2 sensors. Once I eliminated those I pulled the cover to find the broken spring. I have a guy off the forum who just graduated from SAM coming over tomorrow to do the install. He has the tools and has done many spring swaps with the heads on the car. I will let you guys know how it turns out. Thanks for all your help.
Old 01-30-2011, 11:51 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by TDP
One of my best friends lives in Sugarland and does mobile mechanic work. I'll PM you his cell. He never answers, so maybe just text him...lol

He's really good and knows his shiet
Thanks for the offer but I found someone and have already set it up. Thanks for the help though.
Old 01-31-2011, 12:04 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I can change out the springs if your guy doesn't work out . . .