Pontiac Firebird 1967-2002 Birds of a feather flock together

My WS6 build

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2011, 12:48 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My WS6 build

ok so I have my lvl 2 tick perf. Trans now and monster lvl 3 clutch full kit installed along with my Kooks headers and SLP LM1 exhaust, also my chromemoly torque arm...I'm ready to do some engine mods...

I'll be going with a 230/230 112 LSA ( rec. by guerra ), Patriot Stg. 2 heads w/ 64cc, LS6 Intake mani, Melling Oil Pump (Blue Printed and Ported), Fuel Injectors and fuel pump, Chromoly Push Rods...Car will be custom dyno tuned...So my questions are:

1) how good are those heads vs stock?
2) What size injectors and fuel pump do you guys reccomend for this set-up? (after these mods, I will be done with engine mods )
3) Will I need new fuel rails?
4) How does the Billstein HD shock kit (set of 4) compare to the Koni's? because Koni's are sooo expensive, I just want a decent upgrade over my WS6 stock shocks....
5) Do I need a double roller timing chain? or will a $45 LS2 be juusssst fine?
6) What size head gaskets will I need/use?

PLEASE SUGGEST ANYTHING ELSE I MAY NEED OR WANT WHILE I STILL HAVE TAX MONEY lol....I will probably put some LCA relocation brackets on too...do I need new LCA's too? I will also be buying some 18" C6 Z06 Replica Wheels - Black-Deep Machined Lip -17x9.5-18x10.5-SET

My MAIN concern is the fuel injector size and what fuel pump to buy...and Guerra says I will need 1.7 rocker arms...will the heads come with this? probably not? reccomended company and adj vs non-adj?

Thanks guys and I appriciate the help, I'm ready to get to ordering...

Last edited by offroadfury6; 01-29-2011 at 01:43 AM.