Fing people without insurance

Old 01-29-2011, 06:35 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fing people without insurance

Driving down 75 last night from George bush this driver decided he would just come into my lane and side swiped my front end.

He proceeded to hit the gas and try to get away, lost control while doing so, almost side swiped atleast 3 people causing a guy to spin out avoiding him, then he went lateral, slammed into a wall head on right in front of me, skid down the wall and flipped over on it's roof.

Cops show up, three guys in the truck, not one that has id or is a legal citizen, and no insurance of course.

And man those pylons between the hov **** up your car. That's what he pushed me into when he side swiped me.

Here's the pics I took.

http://s681.photobucket.com/albums/v...er_media_share

And I had just replaced the tranny mount and washed the car today too

Last edited by David21; 01-29-2011 at 09:07 AM.
Old 01-29-2011, 07:53 AM
Teching In

Man that sucks, but we should just totally make them all legal because they're already here and we don't want to hurt Anyones feelings right? I swear it's stuff like this that gets me going.... At least karma is a bitch
Old 01-29-2011, 07:58 AM
TECH Junkie

please tell me you beat the **** out of at least one of them. sucks but at least it wasnt the Olds. time to call Mr. Topline Tim
Old 01-29-2011, 08:20 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by blk90coupe
Man that sucks, but we should just totally make them all legal because they're already here and we don't want to hurt Anyones feelings right? I swear it's stuff like this that gets me going.... At least karma is a bitch
Yea I'm going after them, I'm going to do whatever I can to get them back. I'm not just letting them get away with it. This **** really pisses me off and was one of my biggest fears of what could happen.

The biggest thing though is that my and my gf were ok and no one smashed into the back of us. Could have been worse.

Originally Posted by 454navyss
please tell me you beat the **** out of at least one of them. sucks but at least it wasnt the Olds. time to call Mr. Topline Tim
Really wish I could have, my gf ran to get them out of the truck and i went and made sure no one came flying into the back of my car. After a wreck on the highway my first response is to make sure idiot drivers don't come flying into me.

Yea I'm going to need a new hood, hope my fender can be fixed and hoping my bumper can be fixed.

Going to have to buy a brand new headlight assembly for the driver side and hopefully don't need to on the passenger side.
Old 01-29-2011, 08:49 AM
TECH Apprentice

That £%#€ing sux hope something good comes out of it.....try to see who they work for and if that truck is used for work. If so go after the co INS. Thats what I did and it covered due to them on the way home from work and co didn't want the attention about illegals working.
Old 01-29-2011, 08:58 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by blown99bergerssclone
That £%#€ing sux hope something good comes out of it.....try to see who they work for and if that truck is used for work. If so go after the co INS. Thats what I did and it covered due to them on the way home from work and co didn't want the attention about illegals working.
Thanks for the idea I'll definitely look into it.

If you can tell they seem to have been coming from work and buckets, hardhats and such fell out the back of the truck so I'm sure they work construction or demolition for someone
Old 01-29-2011, 10:23 AM
Staging Lane

If they are illegals, there is nothing you can do. I wouldn't think ANY company would be stupid enough to allow them to be driving their trucks around. Too much liability.
For your sake, I hope they were in a company truck though.
I would have been too pissed off to think of anything but stomping some a$$. I would have been going to jail that night.
Old 01-29-2011, 10:32 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by ucanthangwme
If they are illegals, there is nothing you can do. I wouldn't think ANY company would be stupid enough to allow them to be driving their trucks around. Too much liability.
I would have been too pissed off to think of anything but stomping some a$$. I would have been going to jail that night.
X2
Old 01-29-2011, 11:14 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by ucanthangwme
Well my dad just got off the phone with allstate and texted me the news.

They are going after them and going to do whatever possible to make them pay, but I am fortunate enough that we have uninsured driver coverage so $500 deposit and slight increase in rate and it shall be fixed.

And yes my gf was with me, she is also Mexican and we overheard the guy telling the cop what happened and he was even lying and trying to blame me lmao.

Dude if there wasn't 10 cops around I swear my gf was keeping me away from them. I was just soo pissed that I couldn't even think at the time.
Old 01-29-2011, 11:19 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by David21
Well my dad just got off the phone with allstate and texted me the news.

They are going after them and going to do whatever possible to make them pay, but I am fortunate enough that we have uninsured driver coverage so $500 deposit and slight increase in rate and it shall be fixed.

And yes my gf was with me, she is also Mexican and we overheard the guy telling the cop what happened and he was even lying and trying to blame me lmao.

Dude if there wasn't 10 cops around I swear my gf was keeping me away from them. I was just soo pissed that I couldn't even think at the time.
Thank GOD for uninsured motorist. I have that too and it's saved me before. I would be in the same boat as you. I would literally want to kill them for hitting me than TRYING to get away. Them lying to the cops would just make it worse. Any idea what the cops were saying to them when they tried blaming you?
Old 01-29-2011, 12:01 PM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Hell if they cant do anything to them since theyre illegal how can the cops do anything to you if you beat some ***? Gotta love double standards. In the city of Austin, some of the contracts Im starting to see require citizenship papers for every worker a sub-contractor uses on site, hopefully that practice becomes more widespread.
Old 01-29-2011, 12:20 PM
In-Zane Moderator

Received 32 Likes on 19 Posts

Just straight bullshit.
Old 01-29-2011, 12:23 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 1slow01Z71
Hell if they cant do anything to them since theyre illegal how can the cops do anything to you if you beat some ***? Gotta love double standards.
Hell yeah!!!!
Old 01-29-2011, 01:39 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Slash8915
Thank GOD for uninsured motorist. I have that too and it's saved me before. I would be in the same boat as you. I would literally want to kill them for hitting me than TRYING to get away. Them lying to the cops would just make it worse. Any idea what the cops were saying to them when they tried blaming you?
Your telling me I felt so relieved to have it. Yea them trying to flee is how they lost control, hit the wall and flipped too.

My gf translated what they said to me, they tried to say I hit them while they changed into my lane lol, that i had driven into them. Then tried to say that when I hit them their car spun and hit the wall, skidded, and flipped.

The cop told him to go back to the barrier and wait then asked me what happened and basically had already assumed everything I said and told me it was cut and dry. I knew they can't put any blame on me. If you are in a lane and someone hits you changing lanes it's always their fault.

Originally Posted by 1slow01Z71
Hell if they cant do anything to them since theyre illegal how can the cops do anything to you if you beat some ***? Gotta love double standards. In the city of Austin, some of the contracts Im starting to see require citizenship papers for every worker a sub-contractor uses on site, hopefully that practice becomes more widespread.
Yea there is loop holes in law unfortunately, illegals are protected from us but we have to pay to be protected from them.

That is very needed. I hope they do.

Originally Posted by ZONES89RS
Just straight bullshit.
Originally Posted by SSHAWK
Hell yeah!!!!
Well as crappy as a situation this is, the insurance will send an agent out to access the damage and will give me a total. I am very fortunate to have a friend who owns a body shop. So some good will come of this.
Old 01-29-2011, 02:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The idiot driving the truck got what he deserved. Hopefully they'll send them all back to where they came from, since they shouldn't be here illegally.
Old 01-29-2011, 03:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Man that's why I avoid driving on that shitty highway, especially in MY car!

At least you and your girlfriend are okay.
Old 01-29-2011, 03:40 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by TruBloodTransAm
Man that's why I avoid driving on that shitty highway, especially in MY car!

At least you and your girlfriend are okay.
Yea the t/a is my dd, I'm just glad it wasn't my olds.

I'm just glad there was an Hov lane and not a wall he put me into.

And yes that's the most important part

Search this Thread