LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

EGR AIR delete?

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2011, 11:01 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default EGR AIR delete?

got my new headers in and deleting the egr and the air, question being if i have the egr disabled to i halft to take the valve off the back of the intake?
or if its tuned out can it i just leave it?
and looking to do a mail order but have heard a little bit about a madtuner thats run with a laptop, and also heard of a guy a little bit about a guy north of me using efi live?
wats best way to go? and plus and minus of madtunner or efi live?
thanks
Miller

car is a 95 z28, lt1 th350 3800convertor,410's PS longtubes and Y,
Old 01-29-2011, 11:11 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Miller95z28
got my new headers in and deleting the egr and the air, question being if i have the egr disabled to i halft to take the valve off the back of the intake?
or if its tuned out can it i just leave it?
and looking to do a mail order but have heard a little bit about a madtuner thats run with a laptop, and also heard of a guy a little bit about a guy north of me using efi live?
wats best way to go? and plus and minus of madtunner or efi live?
thanks
Miller

car is a 95 z28, lt1 th350 3800convertor,410's PS longtubes and Y,
What's the point in leaving the EGR/AIR components in when you're installing headers without the provisions? Get yourself a set of $20 block-off plates and delete the tube, valve, and solenoid. Same with the AIR...remove it all and block off the 5/8" hole left in the intake ducting.

Either way you'll need to have the SES light tuned out. You have OBDI, so something like Tunercat, TunerPro RT, a mail-order tune from PCMforless.com or Madtuner, etc.