LS power plants what best fits my needs

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2011, 09:32 PM
GTM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS power plants what best fits my needs

Need help would like some insight....
Ok I'm doing homework before I get my LS motor... What is the major difference between the LS1 through LS7. I know this will be a long response so I will tell you what I'm looking for... What I want is to go into the motor build up the bottom end, dry sump it, increase spark, possible stroke it, forge top end for NOS, roller cam, better valve train, install a stand alone FMS, turbo charge it and get max power for the buck while making shure that the motor can handle all this Then my next question is what is the best turbos to put on a LS?

Last edited by GTM; 01-29-2011 at 11:32 PM. Reason: Typo/ errors
Old 01-29-2011, 10:01 PM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

First off, an LS7 is a 427, so stroking it to a 396 would be difficult. lol. Also, LS motors only have ONE cam, not multiple. If you want forced induction, I'd say depending on how much boost you want, you could do any of them, but the LS3 seems to take well to high boost. If you just want to go all motor with the possibility of nitrous, I like the LS7. If you have a lot of money to spend, I'd say look at the LSX454 or LSX454R later down the road and go from there.