General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

problem with horn.

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2011, 12:59 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default problem with horn.

ok guys help me out, ok ive checked all the fuses and they ar good. the horn honks when i use the key. but i have to like really hit the horn to even get it to honk n its just a little burp. im thinking maybe i need to replace the spring if there is one or something. help a guy out here lol insepction coming up soon.
Old 01-30-2011, 01:37 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Chaos07
ok guys help me out, ok ive checked all the fuses and they ar good. the horn honks when i use the key. but i have to like really hit the horn to even get it to honk n its just a little burp. im thinking maybe i need to replace the spring if there is one or something. help a guy out here lol inspection coming up soon.
I had an issue with mine. Only one out of two horns worked and sometimes sporadically. I replaced the horn with a new set and viola', it works perfect and louder. It may not be your horn button, so try another horn you know works first. Hope this helps.
Old 01-30-2011, 01:41 PM
TECH Enthusiast

do you know which horn it is ro replace the top 1 or the bottom 1 haha, i looked at it today n the top has the wires going to it and the bottom 1 has the wires jumped from the top to the bottom
Old 01-30-2011, 03:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i fixed it, went to autozone got a new horn but the bracket hole was 2 small for the new horn so i had to drill it out a bit more. and had to use quick disconnects on the 2 small wires to connect to eh new horn. and now it works good.