Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS1Edit question

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2004, 09:11 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default LS1Edit question

I recently had some minor LS1Edit done to my car and I forgot that I had HPP3 installed, the only thing used was the lower fan temperatures. The LS1Edit was done while the HPP3 was still on the car and now I need to sell the HPP3. How/Can I reset the HPP3 to use it on another car w/o deleting the LS1Edit on mine? Is it possible or has the Hypertech become a useless paper weight?

Thanks
Ryan
Old 02-11-2004, 09:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think I can help you on that one. I first bought the HPP and put it in my car. I had it for over a year. I just now got my LS1 Edit. I removed my HPP and put the stock program in. Then I pulled the stock program into LS1 Edit so I could make my changes. The I got courius and put the HPP back on and tried to pull it into LS1 Edit just to see what HPP does different then the factory. Ls1 Edit did pull it down. I then put the stock program back in the car and made all my changes myself. Worked fine. So my best guess would be yes you can put the stock program back into your car so it will clear the vin number stored in your HPP, that would let you sell the HPP. But when you do that you will loose the mods your tuner did. Best thing for you to do is to go back to your tuner first. Tell him the deal and ask him make sure he has your tune or at least pull it from the car. Then put the HPP on and clear out the vin in it buy putting the stock program back in the car. Then all the tuner would need to do is put his tune right back on for you. No big deal. I bet he would do it for you for nothing. The only thing I would see that would make it were you could not clear the HPP is if he zeroed the vin in the PCM. If he did that then the vin the HPP has stored in it will not match the new zeroed vin, which would make your HPP think it is pluged into a different car. Then it would be of no resale value to you. And to answer the question of the paper wieght? HPP is not even good for that. Looking at thier changes with LS1 Edit all I could find different in the engine programming was they added 5 degrees of timing every were. $400 for 5 degrees of timing! Heck, I was going to sell mine but I can not bring it to myself to screw some inocent person like that.
Talk to your tuner and I bet he can help you.
Old 02-11-2004, 11:40 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks man, that's exactly what I was looking for! But one question for you, did you do the LS1Edit while the HPP was still loaded into the PCM? Kinda like tuning the HPP?

Thanks
Ryan
Old 02-12-2004, 09:52 AM
TECH Addict

Received 35 Likes on 21 Posts

You should always return the PCM to stock (reflash or whatever) before you pull out the tune with LS1 edit and begin programming. I have had some very weird things happen when programming off of a prior Predator/HPP3 tune.

JMO
Old 02-25-2004, 09:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

No, I made no modes to the HPP3 tune. I just pulled it off the PCM with edit, then put the stock programing back in it with the HPP3, then I pulled the stock program down with the edit. Made a coply of copies, one hard disk one thumb drive, then started modifing the stock program.