Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

FRONT Turn Signal & Driving Light Covers For 1998-2002 Firebird Formula

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2011, 09:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Default FRONT Turn Signal & Driving Light Covers For 1998-2002 Firebird Formula

Does anyone know of a source for FRONT Turn Signal & Driving Light covers for the 1998-2002 Pontiac Firebird Formula ?

I am looking to go "stealth mode" for more protection against LIDAR. I want to replace the turn signals and driving lights with super bright, custom LED assemblies and cover them with a smoke cover to kill the reflectivity of the stock units.

Since the LED's will be so bright, they should penetrate the tint on the covers without any problem when activated.

Thanks, in advance, for your help !

Dave
Old 01-30-2011, 10:02 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you're doing this for the sole purpose of escaping LIDAR then you're wasting your time. The amount of light that LIDAR needs is pretty damn small; so small that simply turning off your lights at night won't make you undetectable.

Anyways, if you're still dead set on replacing the lamps I know that rockauto sells clear replacements for a decent price.
Old 01-30-2011, 10:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by AwsmGy
If you're doing this for the sole purpose of escaping LIDAR then you're wasting your time. The amount of light that LIDAR needs is pretty damn small; so small that simply turning off your lights at night won't make you undetectable.

Anyways, if you're still dead set on replacing the lamps I know that rockauto sells clear replacements for a decent price.
I am hoping to go with extremely dark covers and use very bright 18000 mcd LED's ( many of them ) in custom housings, without reflectors of any kind, to "punch through" the tinting, whenever I turn them on. I am also going to modify and/or remove all of the "diamond block" reflectors on the car, as well.

My theory is that "you can't aim at what you can't see" and, combined with Laser Interceptor Gen 8's and my Valentine One, I ought to be pretty safe . . . In my state, no front plate is required and I will also be using a non-reflective nose-bra on the car, which is a dark color itself.

Dave

Last edited by ez2cdave; 01-30-2011 at 10:28 PM. Reason: typo
Old 02-20-2011, 09:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

More input . . . Anyone ?

Dave
Old 02-20-2011, 09:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by AwsmGy

I am looking for dark covers . . . My intention is to do away with the "diamond block" reflectors on the car altogether.

As for LIDAR, the dark covers will help prevent a return reflection from the headlight reflectors, while the strong LED's will "punch" through the dark covers easily, IF and when I choose to use them.

The car is black and will have a matte, non-reflective nose bra as well. My state does not require a front license plate, so this car should be quite "stealthy" with the Laser Interceptors and Valentine One completing the package !

Dave
Old 02-20-2011, 09:51 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

360TUNER.COM think they got what your looking for
Old 02-20-2011, 10:09 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

LEO here

It doesnt matter what u replace on your car it will still bounce a lidar signal, i just aim at your front windshield...also Radar is more widely used anyway due to its ease of use

but the lights will still look cool on your car so go for it
Old 02-20-2011, 11:37 PM
Dan
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

http://www.gscreationsllc.com/produc...roducts_id/255

Quick Reply: FRONT Turn Signal & Driving Light Covers For 1998-2002 Firebird Formula