Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Help! Fuel pump not pumping!

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2011, 12:24 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Help! Fuel pump not pumping!

So i ran out of gas about a 6 months ago on 98 trans am, and after that my cars fuel pump decided that it would not work anymore, so it sat for a couple months due to financial reasons. recently i replaced the fuel pump for a racetronix and also i replaced the fuel filter. it worked good for a week and now back to the same. i turn the ignition on and i dont hear it turn on, it takes quite a few ignition turns for it to buzz, then it turns on. well it was doing that for weeks until now it dies on me while driving, and it takes me 10 minutes for the fuel pump to turn on!!! what could the problem be? it has newer fuel pump? maybe fuel pump relay? any input is appreciated. thanks!!
Old 02-01-2011, 02:49 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by jrwilliam1988
So i ran out of gas about a 6 months ago on 98 trans am, and after that my cars fuel pump decided that it would not work anymore, so it sat for a couple months due to financial reasons. recently i replaced the fuel pump for a racetronix and also i replaced the fuel filter. it worked good for a week and now back to the same. i turn the ignition on and i dont hear it turn on, it takes quite a few ignition turns for it to buzz, then it turns on. well it was doing that for weeks until now it dies on me while driving, and it takes me 10 minutes for the fuel pump to turn on!!! what could the problem be? it has newer fuel pump? maybe fuel pump relay? any input is appreciated. thanks!!
Check your mailbox.

Manufacturer / Distributor of Automotive Fuel Systems, Components & Electronics

Please support a Racetronix dealer near you for personalized service.

>WEB SITE<