Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

My Exterior plans...with Pics!

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2011, 08:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default My Exterior plans...with Pics!

Just kinda thinking what direction I want to go for the appearance of the Camaro. The Camaro looks great with the new paint job but still kind of plain looking. Been searching the Appearance board on here for ideas. Here is my plan and what Ive come up with so far that I wish to do or add to my 94... *note* These pics are not mine, found from various places online.

Here is my Camaro as it sits now...but with stock foglights and black billit grill added since.

Front I would like to get the front splitter from 6LE pictured below...

Also would like clear corners, the blue grill bowtie pictured above and Halo headlights. Think that should clean up and make the front end look nice. I would like to get the SS scoop decal also as shown in the Camaro below...

Side/Wheels Although I havent seen this completed on a Camaro, I saw one guy (glocklimited9) modify a set of Trans Am ground effects to fit a Camaro. I would like to try this if I come across a set cheap. Here is the ground effects on his Camaro...

For the wheels I would either like to polish my SS 10 spokes and paint them to match the 35 Anniversary wheels or get chrome 17 inch zo6 rims.

Rear End wise here is a pic with what I want mine to look like (obviously black though)

I want the rear valance and Corsa clone tips from 6LE along with the "CAMARO" stainless inserts (forget who makes the inserts off the top of my head) Also noticed the rear taillights are all red instead of the white backup light. Not sure how this was done, but note to self...research this...

Just the idea I have in my mind right now, Im sure it will change slighly but this is the direction I plan on going. I plan to attend alot of cruise nights/car shows this summer and with the new paint job and LS1 swapped interior, I think my Camaro should do pretty well in the shows.
Old 02-02-2011, 08:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think the TA skirts look good on the camaro. Good luck to you.
Old 02-03-2011, 11:00 AM
12 Second Club

I think all of the stuff you mentioned would look good. Im kinda diggin that rear end valence with the dual tips. Definitely cleans it up alot better.
Old 02-03-2011, 11:14 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by LS1RedZ
I think all of the stuff you mentioned would look good. Im kinda diggin that rear end valence with the dual tips. Definitely cleans it up alot better.
I will definatly be doing a write up for each of the parts I mentioned above on my build thread when I install the parts. Stay tuned...
Old 02-03-2011, 07:59 PM
TECH Addict

I personaly would choose the CME and valence but thats just me. If you end up doing the ground effects it will prob go well with that set up.
Old 02-04-2011, 11:19 AM
TECH Resident

nice plans. cant wait to see er all done!
Old 02-04-2011, 11:49 AM
12 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Emblem pros make those camaro inserts.
Old 02-04-2011, 03:52 PM
TECH Addict

i think it would look great all mixed together..
Old 02-05-2011, 01:27 AM
TECH Fanatic

do it
Old 02-05-2011, 02:11 AM
TECH Fanatic

This is my car, I know some wont like how I left one side white. I don't care though, I did it so people don't walk behind me when I'm backing out of my driveway. Last thing I need is some idiot walking behind me and then blaming me for not having reverse lights Anyways, to paint them red I used "Tamiya translucent red paint".
Old 02-05-2011, 02:25 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Empatho I like your taillights an now i know what paint to use thank you
Old 02-05-2011, 09:13 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Empatho

This is my car, I know some wont like how I left one side white. I don't care though, I did it so people don't walk behind me when I'm backing out of my driveway. Last thing I need is some idiot walking behind me and then blaming me for not having reverse lights Anyways, to paint them red I used "Tamiya translucent red paint".
Thanks for the info...just a quick question...how is the glossyness of the tails after paint. I want it to look factory after installed. I figure if I trade for LS1 tails, I will paint that section red and then have my painter clear over the light a couple times with some leftover PPG clear I have laying around and then wetsand and buff them. After I tinted my tails, I did the same and the shine matched the black paint...like I said before, I guess Im just too picky. lol
Old 02-05-2011, 12:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Just ordered these ebay special clear corners...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/93-02...Q5fAccessories

decided to hold off on the halos. Think I will just polish up my lenses more. Seems like the halos might just be a trend that is already fading out. Plus gives me some money towards other things like my front splitter which is on top of my want list right now.
Old 02-05-2011, 01:09 PM
On The Tree

I LOVE THE HALOS. They work AWESOME on my car.

As for everything else.... rock on bro
Old 02-06-2011, 12:01 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by flippincamaro
Empatho I like your taillights an now i know what paint to use thank you
Thanks and you are welcome
Originally Posted by Black94Z28
Thanks for the info...just a quick question...how is the glossyness of the tails after paint. I want it to look factory after installed. I figure if I trade for LS1 tails, I will paint that section red and then have my painter clear over the light a couple times with some leftover PPG clear I have laying around and then wetsand and buff them. After I tinted my tails, I did the same and the shine matched the black paint...like I said before, I guess Im just too picky. lol
I just put a few coats of translucent red paint, I didn't use clear or wetsand/buff. One of my friends did his tail lights with the same stuff but he used clear coat, his lights look the same as mine. Its been a few months since we both painted the tail lights and they still look the same, i was thinking of buffing them to make them really shiny but I'm happy with the way they look.
Old 02-06-2011, 02:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by FreakishSpeed
I LOVE THE HALOS. They work AWESOME on my car.

As for everything else.... rock on bro
IDK, im just so torn on the lights...what should I do? They look really nice but Ive heard that they fog up, weatherstrip issues, halos burn out...

Quick Reply: My Exterior plans...with Pics!