LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

got stuck in snow now cars acting wierd

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2011, 04:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default got stuck in snow now cars acting wierd

so the other night we got a foot of snow and i got stuck. i finally got out but now my car bogs down at high rpms and i was going up the driveway today and i could barley get up. i look out my window and the only wheel that is spinning is my pasenger side. What do you guys think?
Old 02-03-2011, 05:21 PM
Launching!

If only one wheel is spinning, I would guess it is the anti-score or whatever it is called cutting engine power so nothing goes boom. When you were trying to climb your driveway, you had the traction control off, right?
Old 02-03-2011, 05:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by LuSe4
If only one wheel is spinning, I would guess it is the anti-score or whatever it is called cutting engine power so nothing goes boom. When you were trying to climb your driveway, you had the traction control off, right?
yes traction control was off.
Old 02-03-2011, 09:59 PM
TECH Apprentice

stabilitrac, it doesnt get turned off even if TCS is off. i found that out this week as well when we got hit buy tons of snow.
Old 02-03-2011, 11:43 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Dom87SS
stabilitrac, it doesnt get turned off even if TCS is off. i found that out this week as well when we got hit buy tons of snow.
It will turn off if you hold the T/C button down for like 10 seconds.
Old 02-04-2011, 05:18 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by monte_with_a_LS4
yes traction control was off.
Then it was probably the anti-score.
Old 02-05-2011, 12:55 AM
Launching!

i cant get anywhere with all this snow, you guys might have a good amount in the southern parts, but up here in the city, we got a good 20" everywhere, and roads are still not plowed completely, and some of them still have about an inch on the ground, needless to say, i cant take any corners at more than idle without sliding into something or make it up any sort of grade without a running start ...

i really wish i could have got my beater/ crown vic before this winter ... oh well

on the traction thing, were your wheels turned even slightly ? cause i notice even at low rpms, with TC off, the antiscore will cut in, kill the power, try again for about a second, cut it again and then just bog down to like idle until i take my foot off the pedal and start again ...

i find the best thing to do in this car, is to start in 2nd, TC off, let the car start to move a bit/ idle forward and then roll the throttle on until she starts to move up to about 5 to 10 mph then shift back into D, and get going,

but you have different rims/ tires/ and more power than i do ... the car may not like the weight difference in rim, stance and all that ... but then again ... WTF is she doin out in the snow ?

Last edited by DrJesus616; 02-05-2011 at 01:00 AM.