LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

Opinions Needed

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2011, 11:53 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Opinions Needed

I am trying to sell my Monte Carlo because I need a four door car. I am tired of getting my daughter in and out of the back seat. So with that being said I made a craigslist add and was wondering your guys opinions on my price. Is it fair am I asking to much to little. Constructive critcism is appreciated.

http://stlouis.craigslist.org/cto/2196103316.html
Old 02-04-2011, 12:12 AM
TECH Junkie

1. Price is too high.
2. Get better pics including the interior, odometer, underhood, and undercar.
3. Remove line about accident, tell the buyer in person about it.
Old 02-04-2011, 02:25 AM
12 Second Club

Price is fine, you're within KBB and people are going to low-ball anyway. You just want to post something to get them to call.

Interior pics including trunk would probably get more calls. Get one shot of each side of the exterior.

Keep the mention of the accident, you don't want a potential buyer to think you're hiding anything. People will be turned off if you tell them it was in an accident when they're looking at it in person anyway.

I'd drop the details about the cutout and the tint. IMO explaining mods in an ad makes the seller come across as less than knowledgeable about the vehicle.
Old 02-04-2011, 06:43 AM
TECH Apprentice

price is good but i think some people might not come look at it because you said the car was in accident people will appricate the honesty but will still shy away but i wish luck getting your car sold and finding something else
Old 02-05-2011, 12:14 AM
Launching!

yeah, you need at least one shot of the interior and engine bay, and shorten the vital information to bullet points, or comma style like car trader magazines ... while we can read, some of us, other people get turned off by a wall of text,

mention that you hold the title, if you do ... and i would take all the audio stuff out and put the stock stuff back in before selling it, if you still have it

good luck finding something new, my question is, why craigslist instead of trading in or swapping for something else at a dealer ?

edit: and I'm instantly suspicious of any craigslist ad when the person is showing off pictures when the car is all cleaned up, or when you know that they are not current, like within a few days of posting the ad ... doesnt even need to be clean, just show how the car sits right now
Old 02-05-2011, 12:42 PM
TECH Junkie

On the price, it depends on how bad you want to move the car. Face it, a FWD V8 car isn't as desirable as your ad conveys. KBB/NADA are good reference points, but a car is only worth as much as what people will pay for it in a given market. Take me for an example...I had a one owner, clean California car listed at $17,500, then $15,500, then $14,500 and it sold at $13,500.
Old 02-05-2011, 02:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

i think the price is fine if you dont mind sitting on it for a while. plenty of people have paid that much for a similar car. that and i think that anyone bothering looking at the add already knows its a fwd v8 and is looking for just that. i didnt read the ad to closely was the accident reported or not. im all for honesty, but i believe in dont ask dont tell and buyer beware.
Old 02-05-2011, 06:15 PM
On The Tree

I'll trade ya. Ive got four doors, and similar mods.
Old 02-06-2011, 01:05 AM
Launching!

I might be getting rid of it tomorrow this guy gave me an offer that maybe to good to be true but I will find out tomorrow morning