Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What supercharger kit? Or how to increase NA power?

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2011, 06:00 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What supercharger kit? Or how to increase NA power?

I am going superchargered my ls1 (from camaro ss 2001 year) what swaped into my Nissan Silvia S15.
So what kit better to use?

I wanted Magna supercharger, but price not is about 7k (was 3 months on ebay about 5k).

Could somebody tell me what supercharger kit better buy and why?
And how much power can it produce with full exhaust system and cam XR275HR (222/224 .566/.568)??

I want more power for my ls1... or better to buy:
- Patriot Performance 2013 GM LS2/LS6 Stage II Heads
- stroker kit (like this http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/LS1-C...Q5fAccessories)
- fuel injectors

and make 500-550hp N/A??

PS: Engine is stock and will use for drifting...

Last edited by AlbertDRIFT; 02-04-2011 at 06:30 AM.
Old 02-05-2011, 01:37 AM
Teching In

Nobody knows??
Old 02-05-2011, 08:46 AM
TECH Regular

If you want to talk about boosting, I would start in the forced induction section.... To make that much power N/A, you would probably have to start with a full rotating assembly (383 stroker or bigger), heads, cam, FAST, and full supporting mods and a good dyno tune to reach that kind of power level. Texas Speed has cheaper and better parts than the ones your looking at in EBAY. I would check them out because they have a great reputation of putting down insane power levels with affordable prices for the budget minded enthusiast. I see that you are in Russia, so I don't necessarily know that the shipping prices will be affordable from the states, but if you could make it happen, I would definitely give them a call or check out their website.
Old 02-05-2011, 10:25 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 1BAD06MCSS
If you want to talk about boosting, I would start in the forced induction section.... To make that much power N/A, you would probably have to start with a full rotating assembly (383 stroker or bigger), heads, cam, FAST, and full supporting mods and a good dyno tune to reach that kind of power level. Texas Speed has cheaper and better parts than the ones your looking at in EBAY. I would check them out because they have a great reputation of putting down insane power levels with affordable prices for the budget minded enthusiast. I see that you are in Russia, so I don't necessarily know that the shipping prices will be affordable from the states, but if you could make it happen, I would definitely give them a call or check out their website.
Thx, mate!

PM me please their website. And could you make me list or parts what I need to buy?
I think at 1st make the good NA engine from ls1 (about 500-550hp) and than superchargered it.
Old 02-05-2011, 07:39 PM
TECH Regular

http://texas-speed.com/shop/
just look around in the site, you will find everything that you need....rotating assembly's, heads, cams, intakes, exhaust.....everything.... They have a great customer support line so shoot them an email or give them a call....
Old 02-05-2011, 08:06 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

the forced induction section in this forum is just down a couple of sections down . a stock ls1 will handle 550+hp.get the cam with the blower if you buy it new from a manufacture .get a custom cam after you buy all the other pieces,if you buy a used blower.get some pac 1518 springs.get a compcam trunnion upgrade bearings for your rocker arms.get harden push rods.you will need a big fuel pump and big injectors .TSP or the WS6 store have most of the gaskets or hardware to bolt things together.install the engine with a really good exhaust first to make sure everything fits,before you buy any thing.you need a great flowing exhaust with forced induction.also consider a turbo system from sts.
Old 02-07-2011, 01:49 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by garygnu
the forced induction section in this forum is just down a couple of sections down . a stock ls1 will handle 550+hp.get the cam with the blower if you buy it new from a manufacture .get a custom cam after you buy all the other pieces,if you buy a used blower.get some pac 1518 springs.get a compcam trunnion upgrade bearings for your rocker arms.get harden push rods.you will need a big fuel pump and big injectors .TSP or the WS6 store have most of the gaskets or hardware to bolt things together.install the engine with a really good exhaust first to make sure everything fits,before you buy any thing.you need a great flowing exhaust with forced induction.also consider a turbo system from sts.

blower? what is it? intake manifold?
Old 02-07-2011, 01:54 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Build a 6.0 block based engine with afr or tsp heads with aggressive cam and fast 90/90 intake manifold.can make 500-600 Hp just on motor . No need for forced induction for that lvl of hp
Old 02-07-2011, 05:11 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by NemeSS
Build a 6.0 block based engine with afr or tsp heads with aggressive cam and fast 90/90 intake manifold.can make 500-600 Hp just on motor . No need for forced induction for that lvl of hp

Could you post here list of parts with part numbers what I need to do this... cuz for me rather difficult to read a lot of articles and threads in english =)

what I need for 6.0 block?
what afr or tsp heads?
Old 02-07-2011, 06:37 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

sorry a blower is another name for supercharger.go to the website of the supercharger you want.go to the boosted section and learn what you need .

Quick Reply: What supercharger kit? Or how to increase NA power?