Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

XM periodically dropping left channel audio

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2011, 04:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default XM periodically dropping left channel audio

Every so often while listening to xm/ipod the left channel audio will either completely drop or drop just the highs. A quick switch to fm/am and back to XM fixes the problem. I have the original radiosandmore ipod kit which I suspect is the culprit but I figured I'd ask if anyone else had this problem before I go spending another $140 on a new ipod kit. Unfortunately it's a pita to just disconnect the ipod kit since that would also cut the power to the xm module, so if I do it I'm just gonna put a new ipod kit in.

So anything like this happen to anyone but with a 'stock' stereo??
Old 02-04-2011, 04:44 PM
Launching!

The obvious thing to be said is double check the connectors you have spliced in... Not too much of a PITA... hey and it's nice and cool right now... opportune time to cuss at trim panels.
Old 02-04-2011, 04:44 PM
On The Tree

Link to your Ipod kit please? How hard was the install? How well does it work other than this?

I had a similar issue with aftermarket AUX in board... and it was overheating and losing hte drivers side time to time.
Old 02-04-2011, 05:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

No link available, it's such a great kit they stopped making it a while ago...I've checked all my connections...but again, switching to fm fixes the problem. This can happen sitting still or driving.

Quick Reply: XM periodically dropping left channel audio