LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

should i buy these or better?

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2011, 04:58 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default should i buy these or better?

im planning on upgrading my whole suspension. currently have this.
1995 Camaro z28.
Mods: Trick Flow cc Elbow, AC-Delco Sparkplugs, LCA's, STB,PHB, Magnaflow cat-back exhaust kit, Mid Pacesetter Headers & Thunder Racing Over-the-Valve-Cover LT1 Plug Wire Kit(Red).
Just let me know if i can get something better for the price.

Rotors
http://www.ws6project.com/user_stor/...oducts_id=1598

Break Shoe Pads ( I hope it includes the pair).
http://www.ws6project.com/user_stor/...roducts_id=633
and of course il get the Front and Rears.

Shocks & Struts.
http://www.ws6project.com/user_stor/...roducts_id=763

Sway Bar Kit
http://www.ws6project.com/user_stor/...oducts_id=2989

Just wanting to see if i have other options i can look at or you guys recommend.
Old 02-05-2011, 06:38 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i bought the same rotors and pads from them, alot better braking than what i had, i dont really have any complaints about them so far
Old 02-06-2011, 12:54 AM
TECH Apprentice

If I were you I would look into th LS1 front brake swap with blank rotors and hawk pads.
Old 02-06-2011, 01:38 AM
That's MISTER MODERATOR

Received 42 Likes on 36 Posts

Drilling rotors reduces their weight therfore reducing their thermal abilities. They'll absorb and dissapate less heat than plain old blanks. And, drilled rotors have the propensisty to crack around the holes. This is nothing new. Drilled rotors are for bling only.

I've learned that rotors are rotors. If you drive in weather, the best most expensive ones will warp just as quickly as the cheepest ones. Wilwood, Brembos, those cryo ones, all warp. Fact of life in friction.

Find and buy inexpensive off the shelf blank rotors and put your money elsewhere. Pads on the other hand, are a different story. That's what make brakes good or bad. Get the best pads you can. EBC is the stuff on the top shelf. Hawk is very good too.

I'll agree with wysemunky. Upgrade to LS1 stuff or the C5 kit. Bigger is better is the golden rule in braking.

Last edited by Paul Bell; 02-06-2011 at 03:00 PM.
Old 02-06-2011, 01:40 AM
That's MISTER MODERATOR

Received 42 Likes on 36 Posts

The shocks and sway bars are very good. Go for it.
Old 02-06-2011, 04:32 AM
Banned

Those Rotoworks rotors have gotten a lot of good reviews from guys on this site. I say go for it and go with the Hawk HPS pads you were also interested in. Should have some pretty good stopping power. Everything else looks great too, all good stuff.
Old 02-06-2011, 02:53 PM
TECH Apprentice

yea i was looking into the LS1 front brake swap. Dont have kind of money right now.
sounds like the other options are good to go. was also looking into doing the lowering springs. i currently have 17x8.5 rims all around. tires are 245 45 17 all around. was thinking of doing 1" inch drop. kind of did a lil measurements. seems like the tires would touch the fenders. i have heard of the trick of making the wheel well wider, but i still dont know.
Old 02-06-2011, 04:59 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Paul Bell
Drilling rotors reduces their weight therfore reducing their thermal abilities. They'll absorb and dissapate less heat than plain old blanks. And, drilled rotors have the propensisty to crack around the holes. This is nothing new. Drilled rotors are for bling only.

I've learned that rotors are rotors. If you drive in weather, the best most expensive ones will warp just as quickly as the cheepest ones. Wilwood, Brembos, those cryo ones, all warp. Fact of life in friction.

Find and buy inexpensive off the shelf blank rotors and put your money elsewhere. Pads on the other hand, are a different story. That's what make brakes good or bad. Get the best pads you can. EBC is the stuff on the top shelf. Hawk is very good too.

I'll agree with wysemunky. Upgrade to LS1 stuff or the C5 kit. Bigger is better is the golden rule in braking.
I'm with him on this. Slots are ok but I don't like the drilled stuff because of the risk you run with them. Do the ls1 upgrade or convert to c5 calipers. Best money you will ever spend.
Old 02-06-2011, 05:00 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Do strano sway bars. Up front, hollow 35mm makes it up to 15 pounds lighter than most other solid 35mm.

Quick Reply: should i buy these or better?