Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Who makes a drag lite/rim that don't require caliper grinding?

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2011, 05:53 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Who makes a drag lite/rim that don't require caliper grinding?

Looking for a drag rim such as prostar,welds, etc for front and rear that does not require caliper grinding on my 01 TA. Thanks!
Old 02-05-2011, 05:55 PM
TECH Regular

race star industries for cheap.. bogarts billet specialties and higher end welds for more expensive.
Old 02-05-2011, 06:23 PM
12 Second Club

Race star industries sounds good. Thanks man!
Old 02-06-2011, 12:11 PM
11 Second Club

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Racestars are the cheapest, but that's because they don't have a direct fit bolt pattern for each car such as Weld, Bogart, and Billet Specialties. Racestars use a oblong "one hole fits all bolt patterns" design. The wheel is centered by an offset washer per application. So the wheel is centered with the washer, instead of the shank, or lug nut itself. I would highly suggest looking into the Weld RTS series. There is quite a bit of information on here in the last couple pages. They are a bolt on direct fit wheel, come in black or polished, are SFI approved, and very streetable, while still being budget friendly.
Old 02-06-2011, 12:47 PM
Launching!

We can build you a DRAG wheel for your car as you are asking in a 15" configuration using the largest backspace out of any manufacturer on the market. This will tuck your wheel in under the fender area better which gives a better stance in the end. Our wheels are also the lightest direct fit drag wheel on the market.

Keep in mind, just because someone is offering a 15" skinny wheel, that doesn't make it a drag wheel. The idea of drag wheels are to lower rotating mass to increase performance.

If you change your mind and you prefer a street/strip wheel (which is not a drag wheel and does not have the same racing benefits), we can accommodate you with a direct fit street/strip wheel with once again, the largest backspace configuration to set the wheel appropriately under the fender well.

You can choose any P1 wheel from the website and we can fit it!
http://www.sjmmanufacturing.com/p1_wheels.html

Here's the gallery with some of our configurations.
http://www.sjmmanufacturing.com/customer_cam.html
Old 02-06-2011, 04:24 PM
TECH Apprentice

Bogarts are not exactly cheap either. from what i hear anyway
Old 02-06-2011, 04:27 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by SJMMFGINC

We can build you a DRAG wheel for your car as you are asking in a 15" configuration using the largest backspace out of any manufacturer on the market. This will tuck your wheel in under the fender area better which gives a better stance in the end. Our wheels are also the lightest direct fit drag wheel on the market.
The 7.500" backspace offered my most wheel companies is plenty of backspace in my mind, I don't see why there would be a reason to go deeper with a 93-02 F body. As you can see, they tuck under pretty well with a 15x10.275" wheel with 7.500" backspace. If anyone feels the need, Weld RTS wheels can also be made up to 8.500" backspace in the 15x10.275 size. What do your street wheels weigh in 15x4 and 15x10, and what is pricing on them? I'm interested to compare the weight and price differences between to two wheels, I'm not sure you've ever posted numbers for them, just curious.

PS what happened to your sponsor name on here??
Old 02-06-2011, 10:22 PM
Launching!

I was referring to the rears, not the fronts. The weld are 1.5" backspace, ours are up to 2" on a 4" wheel. We're still here. I just changed the name that's all.
Old 02-07-2011, 09:48 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by SJMMFGINC
I was referring to the rears, not the fronts. The weld are 1.5" backspace, ours are up to 2" on a 4" wheel. We're still here. I just changed the name that's all.
So you mean you were referring to the fronts, not the rears?? Also whats the weight and ballpark pricing on your 15x4 and 15x10 street wheels?

Quick Reply: Who makes a drag lite/rim that don't require caliper grinding?