Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Mirror Plate for FIPK?

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2011, 06:58 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mirror Plate for FIPK?

I KNOW i seen the base plate for the FIPK K&N CAI system for sale around here by either a sponsor or an Ebay guy that someone posted (a few times though).

Anyone know WHERE I can find that plate. Its the base plate the filter/cover bolts too. Its just highly polished metal that looks like chrome/mirror finish.

Anyone? I bought a used FIPK kit (I knew prior though) and the base it gets bolted to/sits on is fugly. Bubbles/scratches ect.

So anyone? Thanks in advance.
Old 02-05-2011, 07:14 PM
Launching!

bmr link
Old 02-05-2011, 07:18 PM
On The Tree

does the FIPK actually bolt up to that? I know the FIPK radiator base plate COMES with the base plate so it makes me believe maybe the bolt holes are not the same?
Old 02-05-2011, 07:19 PM
On The Tree

actually I just looked. it DOESNT. The FIPK one has a metal flange that bends UPWARD so the actual filter base bolts to it so the filter is not floppy.

Thank you anyways
Old 02-05-2011, 07:43 PM
On The Tree

Here it is. THIS is what I am looking for:
Attached Thumbnails Mirror Plate for FIPK?-fipk-chrome.jpg  
Old 02-06-2011, 07:10 AM
10 Second Club

why dont u just buy the bmr plate and attach the bracket u have to it? I think that bracket is overkill anyway. where is the filter going to go when the hood is sitting right on top of it?
Old 02-06-2011, 11:51 AM
On The Tree

how are you going to "attach the bracket"? Its a ONE PIECE mold that has a metal tab that bends up.

As for overkill I believe your RIGHT "BUT", the filter is going to look STUPID with a screw and nut sticking straight out from the filter base without attaching to anything. You can not remove the screw and bolt. It will just be sticking out to nothing. That in itself will look VERY VERY POOR.

Thank you for the advice but I still need the product I am looking for.
Old 02-06-2011, 06:07 PM
12 Second Club

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by FreakishSpeed
how are you going to "attach the bracket"? Its a ONE PIECE mold that has a metal tab that bends up.

As for overkill I believe your RIGHT "BUT", the filter is going to look STUPID with a screw and nut sticking straight out from the filter base without attaching to anything. You can not remove the screw and bolt. It will just be sticking out to nothing. That in itself will look VERY VERY POOR.

pretty sure you can remove the bolt from the inside of the filter...just a thought. I plan to get the FIPK and a polished radiator support soon, I think the radiator support they sell with the FIPK is ugly and seeing as my car is more of a show car then anything I'll modify it to make it work.
Old 02-06-2011, 06:14 PM
On The Tree

the issue would be not really the SCREW ITSELF but they bolt hole in the carbon fiber base. It would look stupid TO ME.

I know they make the radiator support where it connects. I just need to know WHERE to buy it from.

Why half-*** something when you can get something that looks PERFECT? Makes no sense to ME.

But maybe it is good for YOU. I dont know. Either way, I wish you the best on your build. But for the sake of this thread, hopefully someone can tell me where.

I know CoNcePt has one. I PM'ed him but I havent heard back.

I hope he does SOON. I hate to put the fugly one on And I really dont want to spend that dough on a polished radiator support that doesnt connect the base to it AND THAN find out where to buy the one which I wanted to begin with. Ya know what I mean?

Anyways, again. Thanks for the input. It is much appreciated
Old 02-06-2011, 06:15 PM
On The Tree

P.S Beautiful bird bro. Beautiful! I love the B/W picture especially because yours is white. Great photography
Old 02-08-2011, 06:34 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by FreakishSpeed

So the whole plate is metal? I was always under the impression from pictures that it was plastic with a tab attached to it. I've never been up close with one before, my bad. If thats the case, then why don't u have some one strip the paint on it and then it opens up a lot of custom possibilities? You can polish, chrome, powdercoat, repaint and hydrodip, etc.. Just a thought

Quick Reply: Mirror Plate for FIPK?