Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Alarms?!?! Which to get!

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2004, 03:46 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Alarms?!?! Which to get!

So many to chose from! I can't decide, I want the whole shabang, Remote start, sirens, shock sensor, etc. Let me know what you guys got and how much $$$ it cost to put in.
Old 02-12-2004, 08:22 PM
TECH Veteran

Well first you need to find a dealer. I would look at smaller shops not the big box stores like Best Buy or Circuit City. Talk to the installer in person and get a feel from him what your looking for and what he suggests. As far as brand goes get a DEI if its installed by an authorized dealer it has a lifetime warranty on parts and usually most shops will warranty the install for as long as you have your car. As far as what options to go with a remote start you can only get on a A4 so keep that in mind. Pretty much any middle line DEI alarm would have trunk pop, door lock/unlock, dome light sensor, and dual zone impact sensor. Glass break sensors are really only good for large vehicles its kinda redundent on fbodies. Motion sensors are ok but I only really recommend them for convertables. If you have nice wheels I would get a tilt sensor so if some one trys to jack your wheels the car alarm goes off. Price is determined by the shop you go to so best to figure that out.
Old 02-12-2004, 11:15 PM
TECH Regular

Ya, went to a local shop today and he was more expensive! For $200 more I could get his brand, an AutoPage, or I could save $200 and go to circuit city and get the Viper 790xv. Whatcha guys think?