What is it Worth? Use this forum to get feedback on vehicle prices - for selling or buying

30th Anniversary T/A. What do I ask?

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2011, 08:48 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 30th Anniversary T/A. What do I ask?

I've been going back and forth on this for a long time. I literally never drive the car anymore, and Im always taking out another toy instead of the car.

It has 37,xxx mi. and has some mods, nothing crazy. Kooks longtube headers, Eibach pro kit springs, strut tower brace, adjustable panhard bar, and a Moser 9" with 4.11s.

Whatcha guys think?
Old 02-08-2011, 09:31 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 437 Likes on 316 Posts

Need a lot more info. Can it be returned to stock for 'collectors' or are all the original parts gone?? Do you have all the original paperwork? How many owners? Condition?
Old 02-08-2011, 06:03 PM
On The Tree

Hmm I would be interested in it if you decide to sell it ha
Old 02-09-2011, 03:25 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by NC01TA
Need a lot more info. Can it be returned to stock for 'collectors' or are all the original parts gone?? Do you have all the original paperwork? How many owners? Condition?
I dont have the stock parts. Those were gone long ago. Im pretty sure I have all the original paperwork with the car. Its been so long since I looked I dont remember now. Im the 2nd owner of the car. I've had it since Aug. of 2000 when I bought it in IL. from a Ford dealership where it was traded in by the original owner on a Roush Mustang. I think it had something like 3600 miles on it when I bought it. I dont know how to rate the condition maybe a 7 or 8 out of 10. It isnt perfect. Its a 12 year old car.
Old 02-09-2011, 03:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Pictures will help.
Old 02-09-2011, 03:50 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by egott_91
Pictures will help.
I know. I've been lazy about getting pics. I have some up soon.
Old 02-10-2011, 09:24 AM
TECH Junkie

Convertible? 6 speed? Does it still have the colored blue wheels? C'mon, trying to assist you but you need to give details for proper pricing assistance. We know it is 12 years old. Some 12 year old cars are ready for the junkyard and others are Barrett-Jackson material.
These cars are all over the place price-wise as far as what people ask and get. Some have sold (with similar miles) in the $15,000 -$18,000 range but they were convertibles. Some sellers on Auto-Trader are asking in the high 20's for fully documented 'stock' cars. 6 speeds are very rare with only 200 built I believe. I know it is too late now but the mods are going to hurt the value. That is why I asked about the stock parts.
Old 02-10-2011, 08:29 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by NC01TA
Convertible? 6 speed? Does it still have the colored blue wheels? C'mon, trying to assist you but you need to give details for proper pricing assistance. We know it is 12 years old. Some 12 year old cars are ready for the junkyard and others are Barrett-Jackson material.
These cars are all over the place price-wise as far as what people ask and get. Some have sold (with similar miles) in the $15,000 -$18,000 range but they were convertibles. Some sellers on Auto-Trader are asking in the high 20's for fully documented 'stock' cars. 6 speeds are very rare with only 200 built I believe. I know it is too late now but the mods are going to hurt the value. That is why I asked about the stock parts.
Ya know, I get pissed at people who dont give enough info when asking a question and then I went and did it myself

T-top car
6 speed
stock wheels
As for documention I have the factory warranty booklet, the 30th Anniversary booklet and the little card that has all the factory specs of the car. I thought I had the original window sticker, but if I do its been put away somewhere.
I have the 30th rear deck mat that sits in the rear window also.

As far as mods, everything can be reverted back to stock without too much of an issue, finding a stock 10 bolt and manifolds are easy, IMO.

I've also got some pics:

I wish they were bigger, but my phone decided to resize them for me. And I was discussing this with someone else, but for some reason the seats look really bad in those pics. I dont know if it was because of the afternoon lighting or what, but they look alot better in person.
Old 02-11-2011, 07:43 AM
TECH Junkie

Well I believe the 6 speed will be your saving grace since it is so rare. The mileage is really decent. I don't see why you can't ask in the high teens ($15,000 - $19,000). If no bites, then start lowering the price until you hit that 'sweet spot' where you get some phone calls and serious inquiries. Good luck!

Quick Reply: 30th Anniversary T/A. What do I ask?