Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

C6 Seats in a Camaro

Old 02-09-2011, 12:18 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Default C6 Seats in a Camaro

Ok guys, I've searched on here butI couldnt find anything about people putting C6 seats in our cars only c5 stuff. I have a deal currently pending on a set of base c6 seats in ebony. They dont have airbags, heaters or power lumbar and the passenger side is manual. So heres the deal I dont think I'm going to use the fbody brackets because the c6 uses an entirely different switch system and plastic bezel that bolts to it so I think I'll just modify it to fit the stock mounting holes. With that said does anyone have the stock width and length of the bolt holes for an fbody seat track power and manual? I know the c6 is 14.25" wide but idk about our cars. I'm just trying to get an idea of how I'm going to modify the rail before i get into it. I've already looked into the wiring and I dont really see too much of an issue just to get the 6-way adjusters to work. Worse comes to worse I'll just go to town with a battery and a test light to figure out what's what. If I end up doing this I'll be sure to do a write up and take pics because it seems like vette seats are a popular thing but there is no clear info on how to do them.
Old 02-09-2011, 07:01 PM
12 Second Club

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Stock 4th gen F-body seats are easy to remove. Per side, four philips screws, four 13mm nuts, and a larger torx bit to remove the outer seatbelt hold-down. I've done them so many times I can pull 'em in less than 10 minutes at the track... Just pull them and take measurements.

Honestly, C6 Vette seats aren't worth the money when you consider everything else that is available in that price range (avg. $550-$650 used last I checked). They are nice, but not the greatest - and definitely not worth my time or effort trying to get some brackets fabbed.

Last edited by ZexGX; 02-09-2011 at 07:08 PM.
Old 02-09-2011, 07:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

so the only thing power about them is the driver side rails
correct?
if that is the case and you have power rails already i would toss the c6 rails and use the stock fbody rails
seems to be so much easier
Old 02-09-2011, 07:14 PM
12 Second Club

Search button? WHAT'S THAT??

15 seconds of searching and I found this:
https://ls1tech.com/forums/appearanc...camaro-pics.html

But, wait, what's this? You won't have C5 seats, but you'll have C6 seats?

They mount the same:
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c5-g...s-in-a-c5.html
Old 02-09-2011, 07:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i really hate when people **** about not using the search feature. these cars are getting older and i would have to think that base of people using the site is on a plateau or possible decline. any new people that come through may not have been trolling for the last 10 years and are just looking for some help.

directing them to the search feature is helpful, but not necessary with the disdain.

as far as the seats go, the other post was good advise, the vette seats are not a good upgrade in most peoples opinions, it is widely said that the weakest part of the corvette program is the lack of support of the seats. this is a problem that plagued the c5 and c6 models.

if you are getting a screaming deal than roll with it. if you are paying more than 300 for the set, i would recommend going another route.

corbeau, sparcos, some have put in rsx seats, srt (neon/viper), 6LE seats look good.

i installed a set of honda S2k seats in my camaro, and they feel awesome. I did a write up on the install that is archived somewhere in the forum (you can search it ).
Old 02-09-2011, 08:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

lee has had a hard day(zexgx)
i think we all are guilty of not using to search buttons some times and could use a good reminding, but the nice thing is now the next person that searching can find this tread with good links in it
Old 02-09-2011, 09:09 PM
12 Second Club

Yeah... I'm a recovering victim of the crowd that refuses to take flu shots... and then gets the flu... but who also have asthma, so the breathing problems of the flu is magnified 3x, and then wind up in the hospital after a 5 day battle...

That, and I can be a jerk even when I'm not recovering from something. LOL.

Sorry.
Old 02-09-2011, 09:58 PM
12 Second Club

I have to be honest, I'm a fan of Trans Am seats in camaros. I'm putting a full set in my SS this week. Good luck with the swap and post pics!
Old 02-09-2011, 10:16 PM
TECH Veteran

Ok guys, please if your going to bash me about using the search feature please just dont post i always do and here it didnt help and I'll tell you why. I was actually one of the people who pm'd the guy who did the C5 seat swap asking him for a wiring diagram for them so yes i had seen it. I'm getting the c6 seats for less than 300 and they are a popular upgrade in c5's because they are very comfortable to most people including me (if you havent sat in one go try it). I was asking for the measurements because my car is miles away and i cant get to it for another couple weeks so anyone who has the dimensions please let me know. Now to address the bracket issue the guy who did the c5 seat conevrsion used the STOCK c5 brackets and modified them. So even though the brackets maybe interchageable between a c5 and c6 that does me no good because the actual mounting holes for the floor are still different. Fbody brackets are narrower and the power switches will not mount to corvette seats because fbodys are mounted to the track and vettes are mounted to the seat itself. Therefore I am forced to use the c6 brackets. Thanks to all who replied in a nice way though. I will post up pics of the progress because the vette seat upgrade seems to be a popular upgrade here. To some people they may not be the best seats but to each his own these are half the price of other seats and they feel better than the t/a seats to me so we'll see.
Old 02-09-2011, 11:38 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good luck with the seats. Since I have a job now and I'm using the car as a DD for now, I may switch up seats soon to be more supportive and have a better level of comfort. As far as the search "feature" on here, if that was the case, then we should just try Google and not call this a "forum".
Old 02-10-2011, 08:14 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

too much estrogen in here haha
Old 02-10-2011, 08:44 AM
TECH Veteran

Ya I can stand my camaro seats they have no support and you slide around horribly in them. My neighbor has an 08 z06 and another has an 07 c6 once I sat in those seats I wanted a pair only problem i theyre usually very expensive. To me they hold you in and offer great support so well see.
Old 02-10-2011, 10:29 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Im very happy with my 6liter seats. Great leather and they hold you well in the corners.
Old 02-10-2011, 10:32 AM
TECH Veteran

Steven I was looking at your seats because they are priced great and I do like the way they look, but for less than 300 bucks for a set of 08 c6 seats that are real leather in perfect shape I couldnt pass that up seeing as they typically sell for 600. If I was going to pay that much for seats i would have certainly given you all a call tho
Old 02-10-2011, 10:47 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I think Id either go for 6LE seats , they look great , or maybe cipher auto seats because u can get them in carbon fiber..
Old 02-10-2011, 10:49 AM
TECH Enthusiast

$300 for vette seats? WOW I say go for it . May take a bit to mount to the rails but doable.
http://www.wedgeengineering.net/ makes custom brackets
Old 02-10-2011, 11:41 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by ssteven@6LE
$300 for vette seats? WOW I say go for it . May take a bit to mount to the rails but doable.
http://www.wedgeengineering.net/ makes custom brackets
I know lol thats what I said for that price I'll modify the brackets to fit I cant see the c6 brackets not working with modifications. But thanks u'd be the first guy i'd go to for aftermarket seats. Like i said ill ppost a writeup when im done
Old 02-10-2011, 01:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by cemlsx
I think Id either go for 6LE seats , they look great , or maybe cipher auto seats because u can get them in carbon fiber..
I just checked out cipher's seats....they look like the cheapest pieces of crap ever...they're probably the same quality as Netami and all those imitation brands.
Old 02-10-2011, 09:14 PM
TECH Resident

I didn't believe it when I heard the LS1 seats are worse than LT1 seats since they look identical, but it's true - LS1 seats are noticeably worse. If I found a set of Corvette seats at that price, I'd do it. Otherwise, the 6litereater seats look pretty good for the price. I've also heard the Cobalt SS seats are pretty good.

Top 4th Gen Camaro flaws:

1. Stock DeCarbon Shocks
2. Stock Headunit
3. Stock Seats

(not necessarily in that order.)
Old 02-10-2011, 10:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

^^ that sucks for camaro owners
trans am seats with power bolsters and lumbar were amazingly comfortable.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: C6 Seats in a Camaro