LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Anywhere to find former owners names/addresses for free?

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2011, 03:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Anywhere to find former owners names/addresses for free?

Just curious of the history of my Camaro since it was a dealer trade in that was supposed to be auctioned off but i bought it before it could. Just curious to see its history. I know there are places that charge but didnt know if there is a free service?
Old 02-10-2011, 04:06 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

if you have the name, google works great. How i found the owner of my firebird and honda
Old 02-10-2011, 08:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

is there a way to find out the name? I have nothing...
Old 02-10-2011, 08:57 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

So you plan to find this person and call them up, asking them how they took care of it?

Really...?

What's wrong with a Carfax?
Old 02-10-2011, 09:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by RamAir95TA
So you plan to find this person and call them up, asking them how they took care of it?

Really...?

What's wrong with a Carfax?
Just find out if the engine/trans/rear has been replaced, figured also they might want to see their old car.
Old 02-10-2011, 09:56 PM
12 Second Club

Sounds creepy hahahaha.
Old 02-10-2011, 11:49 PM
8 Second Club

GM Mechanics can look up whats been done to the car thru the dealership, for free.
Old 02-11-2011, 06:41 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

There were a couple of cars that I traded in over the years, that I would like to know the whereabouts of. I wish that the current owners would contact me....
Old 02-11-2011, 09:49 AM
TECH Addict

Sorry but in todays day and age I wouldn't want to have the new owner of anything I sell know my name or where abouts. You never know what kind of **** they will pull.
Case in point. My parents had a saturn wagon that was my step dad's sisters and she was really sick so she gave them the car so they could sell it. It had a broken tail light and the rear bumper was hanging half way off. So they went to a junk yard and got a new bumper (color matching) and tail light and replaced them. They sold the car and said that, that was all that was done to it and they had no knoledge of any wrecks or repairs done to it and told the buyer to take it to a mechanic to look over since they really knew nothing about it. Long story, short. My parents where selling the car to pay for my aunts medical bills. Guy who bought it sued them because the front sub frame had minor damage on it from My Aunt hitting the parking stopper in a parking space. A freakin judge made a judgment against my parents for 1500 bucks for the damages. They sold the 98 saturn wagon in 2004 with 68k miles on it to this guy for 3000 bucks initially, and ended up with 1500 bucks after that mother f**ker sued them. They had no money for a lawyer at the time due to my step dad being terminally ill as well. I have no need for any of that info to become avalible on the internet.
Old 02-11-2011, 11:55 AM
TECH Junkie

If you had a name that would be helpful.
Old 02-11-2011, 05:11 PM
TECH Resident

you can always ask the dealer if they can get you that info, or if they could ask the previous owner if its okay for you to contact them. I used to work at a dealership and that wasnt uncommon and certain customers didnt mind answering questions about the car they traded in.
Old 02-11-2011, 05:16 PM
On The Tree

I got lucky and the dude had EVERY piece of paperwork as far as previous owners etc. i have like the ORIGINAL owners old registration card lol
Old 02-12-2011, 06:31 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by jaycenk
Sorry but in todays day and age I wouldn't want to have the new owner of anything I sell know my name or where abouts. You never know what kind of **** they will pull.
Case in point. My parents had a saturn wagon that was my step dad's sisters and she was really sick so she gave them the car so they could sell it. It had a broken tail light and the rear bumper was hanging half way off. So they went to a junk yard and got a new bumper (color matching) and tail light and replaced them. They sold the car and said that, that was all that was done to it and they had no knoledge of any wrecks or repairs done to it and told the buyer to take it to a mechanic to look over since they really knew nothing about it. Long story, short. My parents where selling the car to pay for my aunts medical bills. Guy who bought it sued them because the front sub frame had minor damage on it from My Aunt hitting the parking stopper in a parking space. A freakin judge made a judgment against my parents for 1500 bucks for the damages. They sold the 98 saturn wagon in 2004 with 68k miles on it to this guy for 3000 bucks initially, and ended up with 1500 bucks after that mother f**ker sued them. They had no money for a lawyer at the time due to my step dad being terminally ill as well. I have no need for any of that info to become avalible on the internet.

I know what you're saying, and understand your feelings. However, there were those 2 cars that I used to own, and I've always hoped that they're still around and getting the care I used to give them.....
Old 02-13-2011, 12:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Anyone work at a dealership or has access to find previous owners if I PM you my VIN number?

Quick Reply: Anywhere to find former owners names/addresses for free?