Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Digital guage/guage face, and rear defrost, and bcm

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2011, 07:08 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Digital guage/guage face, and rear defrost, and bcm

Does anyone know where I would be able to find digital guages, and the faceplate to go with it? Also, do they make defrosters for the rear window for cars that didn't come with them? And one more thing I haven't been able to find is a bcm, the VIN says I have one, but the guy who had the car before me took it and put it in another bird :/ and the aftermarket keyless entry doesn't unlock the car...
Old 02-11-2011, 07:47 AM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 260 Likes on 224 Posts

The Body Control Module (BCM) is a black box about the size of a paperback book mounted behind the glovebox. It has three connectors: green 6-pin, black 6-pin, and blue 32-pin.

If you were missing the BCM, a lot more than just keyless entry wouldn't work. The BCM controls keyless entry, alarm, courtesy lights, power locks, hatch release, retained accessory power, and most importantly the Vehicle Anti Theft System (VATS). Your car would not start without a BCM.

Rear defroster kits used to be readily available at any auto parts store but they have become standard equipment on most cars so I'm not sure if many stores carry them anymore. JC Whitney still has them for $54.
Old 02-11-2011, 08:22 AM
Save the manuals!

Received 322 Likes on 295 Posts

Do you have a rear defrost button on your dash? Maybe the rear glass was replaced without the defrosting strips? I'll bet your wiring/circuitry for a defroster is still there.
Old 02-15-2011, 10:40 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know the guy took the bcm, guessing he just replaced it with the one he pulled from the camaro he kept. And no there is no defrost button, but it really sucks that I have no rear defrost cause I live in Northern Nevada, where half the year my windows freeze.