Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Need opinions on some parts

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2004, 01:30 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Need opinions on some parts

just bought my 00 Z28 and the guy i bought it from threw in some parts he bought for it, but never installed. I thought i would get your guy's opinions on them, so let me know if they are crap or not.

Delphi (LS6) MAF

Madman solid billet aluminum adjustable rear control arms and panhard bar all with solid rod ends

ARE tubular K member and lower control arms with solid rod ends

1LE springs powdercoated a very nice chrome color

thanks guys

*edit* sorry if this is in the wrong section
Old 02-13-2004, 07:33 AM
TECH Enthusiast

You can check the Search function in the Exterior Engine section for info on the LS6 MAF. But my opinion on this part is to leave the stock unit on. The LS6 (85mm???) will do not much if anything at all for performance. And unless you have a 1998 model, will lean out the stock tuning. There is other performance to be gained elsewhere. Of course this info wouldn't apply to you if you're driving a Cammed up, Supercharged >600hp LS1. I won't be able to help you with that motor.

1LE springs in a chrome color? I hope they're not chrome plated! could they possibly be Hotchkis springs? they're shipped in a light silver color.

Tony
Old 02-13-2004, 08:05 AM
TECH Fanatic

Madman LCAs and PHB ...

ARE K-member ... IMO you shouldn't install unless you plan on having a drag race only car. The ride height and ride quality will totally change.

1LE springs are stiffer than stock and have about the same ride height. If you want to lower your car, then these springs aren't for you. If you want to autocross in the stock class, then use the 1LE springs. If you like the stock ride height and want better handling, then use the 1LE springs.

Keep the stock MAF ... don't ever do anything to it. Don't remove the screen, don't port it ... nothing.
Old 02-13-2004, 12:34 PM
11 Second Club

thanks for the replys guys, i figured that i would end up selling the MAF because everything i hear about the aftermarket ones is terrible. Thanks for the help