Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

program for a newbie

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2011, 08:21 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default program for a newbie

i will explain first. I have had many problems with tuning issues ever since i cammed my car a few years back haven't had luck with a few tuners. ever since the cam i have had problems with idle hunting and the occasional puke out and die at stop signs. Has been sitting for two years now so i haven't put a lot of thought into it till recent weeks. But being the car is finally going to move here in a few short weeks i thought i should ask you guys what to do.
1. Im not sure it is the tuners fault but what else could it be? I am going to give one of them another crack at it after it is complete. one of my buddies has a camaro with a high 22X 22X that the guy tuned just fine no problems in one shot.
2. IF it isn't successful what programs out there are easy to learn for someone new to tuning. also what is easier for someone new to tune SD or mafs.
3. Is there any way to alter just driveability and not effect the performance side of a tune. For instance if he tuned it performance wise could i change drivability without losing all my power? The reason i ask is because i don't want to leave a bunch of power on the table to get drivability since i don't have my own dyno i won't know if im losing or gaining just by seat of pants.

i just put this out there for you guys who have the time to answer i will be thread searching for the next few hours to try to answer some of my own questions. thanks guys