Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Hu ??????

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2011, 09:42 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hu ??????

So im kinda stuck and cant decide on what to do so i thought you guys could help me out. First off i got a 99 camaro with monsoon, and i kinda sorta wanna upgrade the HU however i cant decide on rewiring all the speakers or just hook it straight up??? What im really asking is it really worth rewiring all speakers or just to leave it be?? Is there that noticeable of a difference?? tell me your thoughts oppinions and what you would do in this situation?
Old 02-10-2011, 10:02 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I did a lot of research on this forum, and based on comments from knowledgeable posters, I decided to just replace the HU, with the idea of going with better speakers later on. Many post in this forum indicated the HU was the weak link, the speaker are okay, and the amp is decent. I agree based on my experience.

If you're a DYI person, if you buy a harness, it's easy to replace the HU yourself, keeping the stock Monsoon amp. I did end up temporarily putting some cheap speakers in the doors due to one of the Monsoon speaker being blown, and I'm more than satisfied with the sound.

Now if you're planning on going with something other than the Monsoon amp, I guess rewiring is the way to go.