General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Car alarm problem

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2011, 04:33 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Car alarm problem

I need some help with my car alarm everytime I lock the doors with the keyless remote my alarm will go off about 5 minutes after locking the door and it does the same thing when i hit the lock button on the door. So everytime i want to lock my doors i have to do it manually from both sides which is a BIG PITA! Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Old 02-11-2011, 04:41 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I dont think this will help your situation, and i havent ever had that problem so i cant exactly say, but there is a sensitivity adjuster on the alarm system, i think its by the back window/spare tire. However, yours sounds more like an electrical issue or something. Hope ya get it figured out sorry i couldnt help ya more
Old 02-11-2011, 07:55 PM
myk
TECH Fanatic

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

I would look into your shock sensor-the circuit board inside of them can get corroded with moisture and can exhibit the symptoms that you're describing. I had the same problem on my T/A. Clean it up as best as you can, test it, and then try and seal it. Let us know what happens...
Old 02-11-2011, 10:48 PM
Staging Lane

Yeah ill try it tommorow if it doesnt work ill just unhook it and see if that works
Old 02-12-2011, 12:31 PM
Staging Lane

Alright so i took the shock sensor apart and cleaned it real good it did have some corrosion but it seems to work fine now! Thanks myk for your help it was a pita having to lock it manually every time.