What is it Worth? Use this forum to get feedback on vehicle prices - for selling or buying

98 Formula ws6 hardtop (wrecked)

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2011, 04:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 98 Formula ws6 hardtop (wrecked)

Its a Black 1998 Firebird Formula WS6 Hardtop with about 84k miles on her. Engine and tranny are in awesome shape as well as the interior, with the clutch replaced only 5k miles ago. No problems with it what so ever except with the body work.
Would need..
-Front Bumper
-Hood
-Intake lid
-Front impact bar
-Passenger side headlight support bar
-Windshield washer fluid resiv

Any ideas?
Attached Thumbnails 98 Formula ws6 hardtop (wrecked)-165.jpg  
Old 02-14-2011, 05:35 PM

Bumpp
Old 02-14-2011, 05:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

It will also be needing several hours on a frame machine. Looks like it hit a pole dead front center? It crushed that bar enough to pull in the frame horns that the crash support bolts to.

I would have a shop at least look it over and tell you exactly how far off the unibody is now. If you just bolt parts back onto it, you will never get the panel gaps or steering alignment right again.

My biggest concern would be that passenger side support, it looks like it's bent to the side pretty nicely. Does it drive/steer? How bad is the alignment off or have you not been able to drive it at speed to tell?
Old 02-15-2011, 08:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

As far as I am concerned, it is nothing more than a "donor car" ( Drivetrain, Interior, a few body parts ) . . .

Way too much frame damage for me to be willing to sink money into and I could never fully "trust" the car !

From you description, I'd probably pay between $800 - $1500, depending on what else I saw in person . . .

Dave

Quick Reply: 98 Formula ws6 hardtop (wrecked)