Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

tremec part numbers for MN12 T56 gears

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2011, 02:03 PM
8 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default tremec part numbers for MN12 T56 gears

Does anyone know the OEM part numbers (GM or Tremec) for the gears in the GTO MN12 T-56? I've had a little issue with a gear set I ordered from Tick (who drop ships parts from D&D). This last issue is that the 3rd gear they sent me is .055 bigger overall OD than the one originally in my trans. It's the same number of teeth, appears to be the same part, but literally cannot put the assembly into the case with this new 3rd gear. We pushed it off, put the original 3rd gear back on, goes right together (this by process of elimination trading other original parts). Needless to say, I'm frustrated. My trans builder is whacking me with a couple extra hours of labor for all this run around too, so I'm extra pissed about the situation.

Anyway, vent over, but I still don't have a trans together, and between Tick and D&D, they have been unable to deliver the parts I ordered. If someone can tell me the correct part identification, I'll go straight to Tremec to get what I need.

Thanks in advance,
TJ
Old 02-12-2011, 02:18 PM
TECH Addict

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by NOS327
Does anyone know the OEM part numbers (GM or Tremec) for the gears in the GTO MN12 T-56? I've had a little issue with a gear set I ordered from Tick (who drop ships parts from D&D). This last issue is that the 3rd gear they sent me is .055 bigger overall OD than the one originally in my trans. It's the same number of teeth, appears to be the same part, but literally cannot put the assembly into the case with this new 3rd gear. We pushed it off, put the original 3rd gear back on, goes right together (this by process of elimination trading other original parts). Needless to say, I'm frustrated. My trans builder is whacking me with a couple extra hours of labor for all this run around too, so I'm extra pissed about the situation.

Anyway, vent over, but I still don't have a trans together, and between Tick and D&D, they have been unable to deliver the parts I ordered. If someone can tell me the correct part identification, I'll go straight to Tremec to get what I need.

Thanks in advance,
TJ
It's a common mistake with the late model triple/double cone GM T56s. The driven 3rd gear in both is 37 teeth, but the M12 version (TUEN1124) is wider than the MM6 (TUEN1454) to mate with the larger or smaller countershaft gear with a different tooth count..
Old 02-12-2011, 03:00 PM
8 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have a tuet2066 out of a 2006 gto, what tremec part number do I need? I have a 1386-083-008, or d&d bvg12, or tick's ambigious 37 tooth gear in my hand.
Old 02-12-2011, 04:02 PM
TECH Addict

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

The GTO is a M12 and should use a TUEN1124. It will be slightly smaller in diameter than the one for a MM6.

Quick Reply: tremec part numbers for MN12 T56 gears