General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Help , brake problem

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2011, 01:40 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Help , brake problem

While I was driving I noticed the brake is hard to press , so I decided to drain the brake lines and put new oil brake. I guessed the lines were dirty since the oil is too old , and it was black

opened the bolt that connected to the calibers and pressed the brake several times to allow the oil to drain....had hard time putting the stupid bolt that has small hole for the oil !! I don't know if I did it the wrong way !! but that bolt was really annoying ...

after doing that ::::::

ACR , ABS service lamps turned on !!! and also this signal ! . under the brake lamp

I opened the lines again...pressed the brake more and more ...the service lamps turned off ...BUT !!

the brake is soft and hardly stops the car while driving !!!

what happened ?

Last edited by Mohammed; 02-13-2011 at 01:52 PM.
Old 02-13-2011, 04:20 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You bled the brakes incorrectly by the sound of it. Sounds like you just loosened or removed the line bolt and hit the brakes a bunch of times. Done this way, you've just introduced a whole lot of air to your brake lines and probably made the brakes useless until they are properly bled. There are procedures and proper tools to use to bleed the brakes without sucking air up into the system. You may want to just take the car to a shop and ask them to properly bleed the brakes unless you want to go out, buy the proper tools and read up and learn how to bleed them properly.
Old 02-13-2011, 04:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

^^^^Hes absolutely right, Sounds like you put alot of air in your system, Brake fluid will only compress somewhere around 1% thats why it is in your lines, Air can continually be compressed and thats why you dont want it in your lines, instead of having your brakes push out and grab to stop the vehicle, the air compresses. Leaving you with no brakes...
Old 02-13-2011, 10:19 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think I have to repeat the bleeding in a correct way !