Issues with the Vett, any ideas?

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2011, 09:29 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Issues with the Vett, any ideas?

Let me start by noting that this isn't my daily, and while I don't have a garage for it, I have been keeping a car cover on it. Thinking about keeping it at a storage facility to keep it out of the weather since I only get to drive it once every couple weeks.

Ok so yesterday I pull the cover off, for the first time since all this rediculous weather started and notice condensation on the inside. I get in and everything, mainly on the drivers side is covered, from the headliner to the floor mats. I get everything dried up and start it up and notice electrical issues such as the CD player not working (radio worked), and the seat and mirrors not adjusting based on memory setting when I put the key in. There was also condensation built up inside both screens on the HUD and inside the gauges on the dash.

Everything has dried out and works again but I don't know how that much condensation could have built up inside. Never had this issue before. Anyone have any ideas, possilbly a leak along the firewall or something? I checked both windows and the trunk were all closed.
Old 02-13-2011, 09:36 PM
TECH Junkie

ever replaced the windshield?

car definitely has a leak by what you are describing..
Old 02-13-2011, 09:56 PM
Staging Lane

Your cover does not breath. I purchased one of those nice shrink fit covers and the same thing happened. I had moisture everywhere and some places were starting to mildew. I was only able to clean it up by periods of extended driving in dry climate.My radio face eventually cleared up and so did the light buckets
Old 02-13-2011, 10:30 PM
Staging Lane

Happened to my car also last year when I had it parked for a while. You need to open the windows n doors every once in a while n let some fresh air in.
Old 02-14-2011, 12:56 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 5w20
ever replaced the windshield?

car definitely has a leak by what you are describing..
No, the previous owner may have. Guess I'll just have to either park it at the storage I have or just make sure to take the cover off every few days and let it air out. Thanks for the input guys.
Old 02-14-2011, 01:05 AM
Banned

This is why I don't use car covers or front bras there not always great for cars.