General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Looking for some input concerning anti theft system.

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2011, 09:41 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for some input concerning anti theft system.

01 z28 about 125k miles,

To begin with my car has randomly in the past not started due to the security light. Give it a min or two and it starts like nothing happened, would happen randomly for no apparent reason.

My car started having all of the dash lights come on and go away, some of them for no apparent reason while others stayed lit. I know it has both knock sensors that are bad. Even the air bag and abs inop would come on as well as the tcs/asr being disabled.

The car alarm started going off on its own for no reason at all. I started disconnecting the battery for this reason. The last I drove it after locking it the headlights, radio and alarm would turn on and go away for no reason. The alarm quit and I left the battery on it, the radio became a parasitic draw and killed the battery.

I get the battery charged so I can get the car to the dealer to get it fixed, it cranks over but I have no fuel pressure now. There is a weird sound in the engine bay when the key is in the on position now. I tried swapping the fuel pump relay with I believe the ac, same relay but that wasnt the problem.

The car has been sitting for maybe a month since. We have gotten so much snow lately I haven't bothered with it.

I wanted to ask if there's something in the anti theft that would cause this or what it sounds like it could be. I am taking a diag and repair class that we were going to tear into it and wanted some input on what to look for or what it most likely is.