Opinion on this viper?

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2011, 05:29 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Opinion on this viper?

Might go check this car out.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Dodge...fCarsQ5fTrucks

Sold the zo6 a while back and hated that fact it didnt have a removable top. I thought it wouldnt bother me but it actually did. Possibly in the market for a vert or targa car that would just be a nice weather car. What are your opinions on the 2004-2005 vipers? I knoe the older ones rode like crap and were hard to drive. Want a fast roll race car and a car to take the wifey on dates in looking pimp. LOL....How fast are these cars actually? My zo6 made 400 rwhp. How will it compare? Also owned a few 400 hp fbodys that ran low 12's. Never thought I would own a viper but you can get them for great prices these days. I know the miles are a tad high but open to options as long as the car was cared for
Old 02-14-2011, 05:31 PM
TECH Resident

Looks nice, what's up with the DVD in the head unit though. I had to do a double take.
Old 02-14-2011, 05:52 PM
TECH Apprentice

**** Texas Auto Direct! I wouldnt waste my time, money on anything them assclowns have. There cars and trucks are pure crap, they all look like they took a bath in rocks. Me and the old lady looked at a few cars and I got flat out pissed off, and disgusted with them.

There methodology on selling cars is about as logical as a cheap 1000 hp 2jz
Old 02-14-2011, 05:55 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 45 Likes on 19 Posts

Those stripes are shitty vinyl stripes, and would need to be removed. Vinyl stripes have no place on a Viper. Hope the red didn't fade and the striped areas are brighter.

Stock, they are 11.9-12.1 cars, trap around 119-122 usually. Very well built, so the miles wouldn't scare me here.

Newer ones still ride like crap. But they handle like a dream on the roadcourse.
Old 02-14-2011, 05:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by had20z
**** Texas Auto Direct! I wouldnt waste my time, money on anything them assclowns have. There cars and trucks are pure crap, they all look like they took a bath in rocks. Me and the old lady looked at a few cars and I got flat out pissed off, and disgusted with them.

There methodology on selling cars is about as logical as a cheap 1000 hp 2jz
Idk, but that viper looks like it's in damn good shape.
Old 02-14-2011, 06:37 PM
Launching!

45k miles on an 04 is a lot of miles. i DD my frc and had 33k and it was a 99.
i agree with being well built. but since that thing was probably DD'd, expect a lot of rock chips, curb checks, scuffs under nose, ect that those pics arent going to easily show. not that thats a *huge* deal though.
Old 02-14-2011, 09:50 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by XtremeBBQ
Less than 4.5k miles per year really is nothing. Most people who "daily drive" their car put more than 4.5k per year on them.
Old 02-14-2011, 10:18 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by had20z
x2 runaway from this place do not go!!!

I drove from Dallas to there just to see a truck they had posted was not the same as the one I saw and looked like ****.

Just read all the bad things about this place.

Originally Posted by vetteboy99
Idk, but that viper looks like it's in damn good shape.
That was the idea to make it look perfect ... "Photoshop"

That place needs to be shut down they are full of ****... I bet you go see that car in person you will come back and say it looked like **** or something was majorly wrong with it.
Old 02-14-2011, 10:23 PM
9 Second Club

I'm glad everyone is speaking their mind about texas direct auto. I was about to go look an a '10 Acura TL from there and on the site, it looked immaculate. Now I might not.
Old 02-14-2011, 10:35 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by XtremeBBQ
i agree with being well built. but since that thing was probably DD'd, expect a lot of rock chips, curb checks, scuffs under nose, ect that those pics arent going to easily show. not that thats a *huge* deal though.
So your car is a little over eleven years old so at about three thousand miles a year if you drove it every day you put roughly about eight miles on it a day...i know thats its not every single day but generally speaking (if it was)...thats keeping the miles off of your car...I read somewhere that people generally put approximately twelve thousand miles on there vehicle throughtout a year...my 04 silverado has about the same miles as your car approximately 33 thousand
Old 02-14-2011, 10:38 PM
10 Second Club

After driving all that way when I got home I was pissed and did some research to find out I wasn't the only one.

Real site!!
http://texasdirectautosucks.com

Just found this for you happen last month

http://www.complaintsboard.com/compl...1.html#c857863

Texas Direct Auto
Posted: 2011-01-05 by Houstonmad..

Deposit Fraud

Complaint Rating:
Company information:
Texas Direct Auto
Houston, Texas
United States

I saw a car on ebay and read further in the details... It said call for buy it now !!! So i called to see what the deal was, the salesman told me that if I wanted the car they could end the ebay auction immediately and take an additional @1000.00 off the price, and all they needed was a $500.00 deposit. Let me tell you folks the car in the pictures was amazing!!! Not the case when I arrived to see the vehicle!!! This piece of **** didn't even look like the car on ebay!!! Not to mention that I was waiting around for almost 3 hours while they "went to bring the vehicle around!!" I checked there ebay feedback and they have thousands of satisfied customers with thousands of positive feedback reviews!!! I wish I would have checked here first.. I can promise youa nything I purchase from now on I will extensively check out the company first.. To make a long story short, they woulnd not give me a refund and I didn't take possesion of the car!!! They are cyber criminals and from reading these posts.. I think they should all be put into jail...

Texas Direct Auto Complaints - Beware! Texas BBB rating? F

More Texas Direct Auto complaints

Texas Direct Auto - Unethical Ebay dealer
Texas Direct Auto - use them before they use U
Texas Direct Auto - Terrible Service
Texas Direct Auto - Added fees
Texas Direct Auto - Dishonest auction practices
Texas Direct Auto - Beware! Texas BBB rating? F
Texas Direct Auto - SCAM!
Texas Direct Auto - Vehicle not as advertised
Texas Direct Auto - Downpayment Scam
Texas Direct Auto - Don't do it
Old 02-14-2011, 10:39 PM
TECH Apprentice

wildbill let us know how your visit goes at that dealership...
Old 02-14-2011, 10:50 PM
Staging Lane

I got my car there. Ill be honest their customer service sucks I had bought extended warranty n over a year later comes to find they didnt send the 2k for it. They refunded the money to the bank after alot of calls. But I will say my car was beautiful n spotless when I picked her up from them with 33k miles. Iam super satisfied with my vehicle but not with their service. I dont think ill deal with them again tho.
Old 02-14-2011, 11:23 PM
On The Tree

They are scumbags. I have a good friend that used to be a salesman there when in college and had to quit because he had such a bad conscious working there and lying to people everyday. He butted heads with his bosses quite a bit, and just walked out after a short time.
Old 02-15-2011, 12:24 AM
TECH Addict

ok guys. Gnna go look at it and let you know. Lets get back on track. How will this car differ from my previous cars? Also, is it insane money to mod a viper?
Old 02-15-2011, 12:39 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by charlie_gonzales
So your car is a little over eleven years old so at about three thousand miles a year if you drove it every day you put roughly about eight miles on it a day...i know thats its not every single day but generally speaking (if it was)...thats keeping the miles off of your car...I read somewhere that people generally put approximately twelve thousand miles on there vehicle throughtout a year...my 04 silverado has about the same miles as your car approximately 33 thousand
i see what your saying. but this is a viper. 45k miles on a loud *** cramped up sports car is a lot! cant compare 45k miles on a viper to 45k on a truck is all.
Old 02-15-2011, 12:40 AM
Teching In

I know its off topic but they have a delicious looking red SS with 1K miles

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Chevr...item19c309145e
Old 02-15-2011, 01:54 AM
TECH Resident

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Ppl always worry about miles on Vipers, but they're well built cars and if we were looking at an Fbody we'd all think 45k was great! Viper engines arent half assed, the whole power train is very strong, so don't let miles scare you. Personally, I thought it looked pretty clean, didnt like the rims, but that's just me
Old 02-15-2011, 07:32 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by -Ross-
Less than 4.5k miles per year really is nothing. Most people who "daily drive" their car put more than 4.5k per year on them.
no kidding. I Have driven that much in one month in my v lol
Old 02-15-2011, 07:34 AM
Teching In

Nice ride.