Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Clutch job questions

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2011, 06:14 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clutch job questions

-How do I install the rear main seal on the engine? I figure its worth it while I'm there. So I install it dry? lubricate it with oil? RTV the outside edges? Any special tools needed or just getting it straight?

-How do I get the hose to the clutch slave cylinder quick disconnect thing off? I hear it can be a pain in the ***

Thank you.
Old 02-14-2011, 09:27 PM
Staging Lane

i put the bearing in with a socket the size of the bearing and tap it with a hammer. You don't need to put anything on it no oil or rtv. It isn't very fragile and nicking the face up a little wont hurt it at all

there is a plastic sleeve witch you push in to release the quick disconnect. I find that using a large screwdriver to push the plastic ring in works. Just start where the seam in the ring is and work it around till it is all the way in and the line will come right off.

don't push on the clutch at all well doing the install. So you don't build up pressure in the line and you should be able to push the line back on. I usealy don't even need to re bleed the systom. If the line doesn't want to go back on than you need to push the end of the line in to bleed some fluid out and than it will go on but you will need to re bleed. Sometimes i will use a pry bar to try to get it back on without draining fluid so i save me the trouble of re bleeding the systom

Good luck
Old 02-14-2011, 09:28 PM
Staging Lane

Wow didn't read that right. Ignore the first part

Quick Reply: Clutch job questions