Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Cali guys, need advice

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2011, 09:54 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Cali guys, need advice

Taking a roadtrip late June. Gonna hit Vegas for a few days, and will probably head to LA for a day or two as well.

Here's the part that i'm unsure of. I'm driving my Camaro. Big cam, aftermarket heads, no cats. Its not TOO loud, but its easy to tell its not stock sitting at a stop light. Last thing I want to deal with is a nasty ticket or impound by CHP. Cops in the St. Louis area dont **** with you unless you're being a retard for the most part. I've only heard horror stories of cops checking for cats with mirrors on the left coast.

Should I throw some cats on for the trip, or am I gonna be in the clear?
Old 02-14-2011, 10:05 PM
Teching In

You will be fine, I drove around in Southern California with an MS4 Cam, Long Tubes & No Cats for 3+ years. Never got stopped. As Long as you don't drive like an idiot attracting attention you will have no problem.
Old 02-14-2011, 10:05 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by DoubleK
Taking a roadtrip late June. Gonna hit Vegas for a few days, and will probably head to LA for a day or two as well.

Here's the part that i'm unsure of. I'm driving my Camaro. Big cam, aftermarket heads, no cats. Its not TOO loud, but its easy to tell its not stock sitting at a stop light. Last thing I want to deal with is a nasty ticket or impound by CHP. Cops in the St. Louis area dont **** with you unless you're being a retard for the most part. I've only heard horror stories of cops checking for cats with mirrors on the left coast.

Since your car is an out of state car they cant hit you with any emissions tickets.
Old 02-14-2011, 10:11 PM
TECH Regular

should be fine, i drove around with h/c no cats LTs with dumps. like said above just drive smart.
Old 02-14-2011, 10:22 PM
Teching In

Awesome, thanks for the FYI guys.
Old 02-14-2011, 10:42 PM
TECH Regular

You're fine since you aren't from Cali...
Old 02-14-2011, 11:00 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My daily driver was cammed, full bolt ons, no cats, 4k stall and 3.73s, never got hassled.

My wife's daily driver, cammed, full bolt ons, cats, and never got hassled either.. got a ticket for no front plate. maybe a speeding ticket..

Youll be just fine.
Old 02-15-2011, 12:46 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by XpEdItIoUs
Since your car is an out of state car they cant hit you with any emissions tickets.
Old 02-15-2011, 12:55 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by DoubleK

Socal should be ok,if you have tents keep windows down when you see cops.And just dont be a jack *** about driving,and dont go to culver city.I racked up a
-No windshield wipers.."in the summer".
-Modified exhaust.
-Rear license plate light, not bright enuff which was on and working!!just dirty.
-Front license plate not on bumper..lol my fault

Quick Reply: Cali guys, need advice