Florida Members Fun, sun and LS1's

I need your help ls1tech. Please.

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2011, 04:08 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default I need your help ls1tech. Please.

My starter broke and kicked out and broke a little piece off of my block. I cant seem to find anyone willing to weld it in the car. If you, or anyone you know could possible weld it please for the love of god speak up. I want my car back!

Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails I need your help ls1tech. Please.-block.jpg  
Old 02-15-2011, 04:23 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by camaroextra
My starter broke and kicked out and broke a little piece off of my block. I cant seem to find anyone willing to weld it in the car. If you, or anyone you know could possible weld it please for the love of god speak up. I want my car back!

Thanks!
I have a plate that me and a friend made. It is south fl right now. If i Had it I could give you a templet. It wraps around the bellhousing and had a threaded part for the starter.

But if I was you I would try and figure out why your motor is seizing up. Or maybe the starter was not but it right...
Old 02-15-2011, 06:43 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Trevor.j
I have a plate that me and a friend made. It is south fl right now. If i Had it I could give you a templet. It wraps around the bellhousing and had a threaded part for the starter.

But if I was you I would try and figure out why your motor is seizing up. Or maybe the starter was not but it right...
The cast aluminum case of the starter cracked first (im assuming) therefore the body of the starter was only being held on by one bolt. I might have broken it by hitting something dukes of hazard style like I do from time to time. Or maybe T overtightened it when i did my tranny. I push started the car just fine, the engine turns over as it should.

Quick Reply: I need your help ls1tech. Please.