Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

REwiring my LS1 fox .. PSI harness question

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2011, 07:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default REwiring my LS1 fox .. PSI harness question

Ok so im cleaning the old harness out and cleaning this car up, I am not sure exactly what harness was in the car imma guess firebird/transam because it had a transam center console.. But here is my issue, in the picture below you can see my mess

Now this is what im not getting, how do i get the main power to the new harness.. The old one has a place that had the power screwed onto it pictured here..

The new one does not have that.. here is what it looks like...

http://www.psiconversion.com/product-details.php?id=41

Little help here Im sure im over looking something...

Thanks
Craig
Old 02-15-2011, 08:03 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by zapp109
Ok so im cleaning the old harness out and cleaning this car up, I am not sure exactly what harness was in the car imma guess firebird/transam because it had a transam center console.. But here is my issue, in the picture below you can see my mess

Now this is what im not getting, how do i get the main power to the new harness.. The old one has a place that had the power screwed onto it pictured here..

The new one does not have that.. here is what it looks like...

http://www.psiconversion.com/product-details.php?id=41

Little help here Im sure im over looking something...

Thanks
Craig
I'm the one with the ls1 rx7 on the PSI site and the harness comes with instructions. I think they also have instructions on the website and if all else fails. I think the guy making these harnesses is named joe or john I think. He answered his phone 3 times on 4th of july to answer quick questions for me.

Thanks to that I had my ls1 wired up and running in about 1.5 hours. The harness uses relays. So all you do is hook up one main thick gauge wire to 12v constant, then it just needs a 12v switched source to activate the relay and the relay energizes and powers all the pins that need switched 12v.

Its crazy easy to install. No harder than an ignition box
Old 02-15-2011, 08:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yea i seen in the instructions it says on a diagram "insert terminal for wire to constant power" or click here http://www.psiconversion.com/download.php?dwn=1&id=23 and its page 12.. but it seems like its such a small gauge to power everything ...
Old 02-15-2011, 08:21 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by zapp109
Yea i seen in the instructions it says on a diagram "insert terminal for wire to constant power" or click here http://www.psiconversion.com/download.php?dwn=1&id=23 and its page 12.. but it seems like its such a small gauge to power everything ...
From memory I think its a good size 10 or 8ga wire. Electrical componets dont take much power.

When I initially modified my factory harness as a standalone, most of the factory power wires are tiny 18-20ga wiring.

Last edited by sciff5; 02-15-2011 at 08:27 PM.
Old 02-15-2011, 10:29 PM
11 Second Club

Btw from someone who got a junk yard car running with a mangled chassis harness, the chassis harness wiring will be a MUCH bigger pain in the ***
Old 03-02-2011, 08:07 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

All of our power comes from the large lug on the starter, connect the two ring terminals supplied with the harness, where you would typically have a heavy gauge wire already in place directly from the battery. The smaller gauge wire, either brown or red, that comes from the relay center is to control the relay that feeds switched power.

Hope that helps.

Joe

Your Source for LSX Conversion Parts!
www.psiconversion.com

Ebay Store
Facebook/psiconversion
Instagram/psiconversion

'Dont Let EFI Pass You By!'

Quick Reply: REwiring my LS1 fox .. PSI harness question