Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Return style vs. Returnless?

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2011, 09:19 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Return style vs. Returnless?

Ok, I have a 99 Camaro V6 body with an LS1 swapped in. I've been running the corvette filter/regulator combo for the past season with less than stellar results. I recently ordered a Fuelab regulator, to make my fuel system more reliable. However, the supplier sent me a returnless regulator, instead of the bottom return like I had ordered. So my question is, should I run returnless, like most other LS1's, or is there an advantage to running a return?
Old 02-15-2011, 09:59 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

There is no such thing as a returnless EFI regulator. That would in most cases burn up the fuel pump.

Likely what you have is a 2 port regulator... 1 side is an inlet, the other a return. What do the directions say?
Old 02-15-2011, 10:14 PM
10 Second Club

2 port like you said. So I would need a 3 port?
Old 02-16-2011, 08:48 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by Dirty Vegas
2 port like you said. So I would need a 3 port?
The 2 port should work (it is just a different style), but you need to work out the details with the people you bought it from.
Old 02-16-2011, 09:49 PM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

The 3 port would give you more plumbing options, but the 2 port will probably work just fine. Mine is a 3 port, but only two are used (one side port and the bottom return port). I switched to an up front regulator system due to the variations in pressure I was seeing with the stock, in-tank regulator. It wasn't cheap to do, but it works very well.
Old 02-16-2011, 11:34 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by MeentSS02
The 3 port would give you more plumbing options, but the 2 port will probably work just fine. Mine is a 3 port, but only two are used (one side port and the bottom return port). I switched to an up front regulator system due to the variations in pressure I was seeing with the stock, in-tank regulator. It wasn't cheap to do, but it works very well.
Thanks, my pressure is all over the place because of the V6 system.
Old 03-10-2011, 11:20 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Dirty Vegas
Ok, I have a 99 Camaro V6 body with an LS1 swapped in. I've been running the corvette filter/regulator combo for the past season with less than stellar results. I recently ordered a Fuelab regulator, to make my fuel system more reliable. However, the supplier sent me a returnless regulator, instead of the bottom return like I had ordered. So my question is, should I run returnless, like most other LS1's, or is there an advantage to running a return?

I'm just wondering what problems you were encountering and why the Corvette filter/regulator would not work? Did your upgrade you fuel pump?

I am in the middle of my LS2 conversion into a 2000 3.8 Firebird. I upgraded to a Racetronix FPA-001 pump and was going to use the Corvette filter/regulator to make a cleaner look of the plumbing system and eliminate the T-fuel block for my return line.

Has anyone else done this type of set-up with success?

Thanks,
Jim

Last edited by BlackBirdDaddy; 03-10-2011 at 11:33 AM.

Quick Reply: Return style vs. Returnless?