Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

Push rod ????

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2011, 09:28 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Push rod ????

WERE CAN I FIND INFO ON PUSH ROD SET FOR MY LS2 HYD CAM SET UP,I HAVE SOME ???ON THE BASICS PUSH ROD MEASURES,BEEN USING SOLID CAMS TOO LONG.I KNOW HOW TO DETERMINE LENGTH BUT HOW WILL I DO THAT WITH LIFTERS BEING NEW AND NOT PUMPED UP,IAM I MAKING THIS HARD
Old 02-16-2011, 10:11 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You can use a soft spring and measure. I like to put the lifter together so it will not compress, which makes it a solid for the purpose of measuring, and then take my measurements with the actual springs I am running on the heads.
Old 02-19-2011, 08:01 AM
Mez
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by deangoodin
WERE CAN I FIND INFO ON PUSH ROD SET FOR MY LS2 HYD CAM SET UP,I HAVE SOME ???ON THE BASICS PUSH ROD MEASURES,BEEN USING SOLID CAMS TOO LONG.I KNOW HOW TO DETERMINE LENGTH BUT HOW WILL I DO THAT WITH LIFTERS BEING NEW AND NOT PUMPED UP,IAM I MAKING THIS HARD
Get an adjustable pushrod from Com Cam. Each turn is .050", so install the adjustable pushrod on the lifter that has the valve closed. Adjust the pushrod so the valve lash is zero. Remove the adjustable pushrod and count how many turns to determine the length. Then add .050" for lifter preload. Done.