Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default I hate teachers like this

I wonder if any of my teachers had a blog on me....this is just messed up

http://www.associatedcontent.com/art...d_because.html
Old 02-17-2011, 02:31 PM
Launching!

And why is it messed up?

Kids these days need to be told for what they are, if you're lazy, then be prepared to be called lazy, etc...

Teacher's job is to teach, and student's job is to learn. When the teacher is teaching and the students is NOT learning, whose fault is that? I firmly believe in balance, you do your job, and let me do mine.

Just food for thought.
Old 02-17-2011, 02:40 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

When you are in a classroom in front of students a teacher should be profession, but out side of the classroom they should be able to speak their mind. Blogs should be allowed freedom of speach...
Old 02-17-2011, 03:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

IMHO, the problem is the kids do whatever they want because teachers arent given the proper support to enforce the rules. Most parents either dont care or side with their kid over the teacher, so the teacher really has to authority. How can a teacher enforce rules that the parents dont?

Kids walking all over you all day, and on top of that getting paid $25k for having a masters degree. Id be ticked too.

Atleast the teacher is blowing off the steam in a blog instead of beating the little bastards in class. haha.
Old 02-17-2011, 03:22 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by xxrillixx
The problem is the kids do whatever they want because teachers arent given the proper support to enforce the rules. Most parents either dont care or side with their kid over the teacher, so the teacher really has to authority. How can a teacher enforce rules that the parents dont?

Atleast the teacher is blowing off the steam in a blog instead of beating the little bastards in class. haha.
I agree.
Old 02-17-2011, 03:58 PM
Teching In

Well I just became a substitute teacher a little over a month ago, so let me tell you guys what I think. I don't think the teacher should have done what she did. BUT, I can somewhat understand where she's coming from. Sometimes you just can't take it anymore. Some of these kids come to school and don't do ****. Then them and their parents want to play the victim when these kinds of things happen.

I really don't like the tone of the article. It is written as an opinion instead of being written as a news story. Oh, and its not 1995 anymore, teachers don't get paid 25k a year. Its closer to double that when they start.
Old 02-17-2011, 06:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Yeah my Mom is a teacher and I hear about her students, especially since she teaches at a school in South Central where a lot of the parents don't care and just want the kids out of the house.

I don't believe we really should tell parents how to do their job, although a ton are doing **** poor jobs at it imo, but the teacher should be able to speak her mind. I guess she could have kept a private diary or something but EVERYTHING is online now so whatever.
Old 02-17-2011, 09:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

On the flip side, I use to get "swats" in school (unfortunately, not by a hot teacher) and it never changed my behavior.

Teacher has a right to speak his/her mind. Its not like she fucked them.
Old 02-17-2011, 09:50 PM
Staging Lane

They are highschools students, you should know that going into your job, you can be expelled from school/fired from your job for writing on your facebook or blog about how shitty your boss or teacher is, the teacher should be held just as responsible. Ive read several stories where a student was suspended from school for writing about his/her classmates or teachers, you also hear all the time about people being fired for talking sh*t about their boss online.

If one of my college teachers posted on his FB, ''Chris is an effin idiot, smells like poop and his Ws6 sucks'' id be sure as hell to bring that up to the dean or higher.
Old 02-18-2011, 11:52 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I support her 100%. And it all boils down to the parents. Spare the rod and spoil the child ...etc. They dont get an education..........well taco bell is hiring.
Old 02-18-2011, 05:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

I also support the teacher. There are lots of punk-*** kids in school these days. they think they're all that, and can do as they will. But then they get put on blast...oh no...then they pull out the innocent card. Give me a break! You wanna be an ******* in class or towards your teacher(s), get ready to be called on it! Teachers should also be able to put stuff like that on Tweeter and Facebook! So that future instructors/administrators...say at like, universities/colleges, can see if an applicant really deserves to go to their university or college. Hmmm...good idea?
Old 02-19-2011, 05:01 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Ws6Wicked
They are highschools students, you should know that going into your job, you can be expelled from school/fired from your job for writing on your facebook or blog about how shitty your boss or teacher is, the teacher should be held just as responsible. Ive read several stories where a student was suspended from school for writing about his/her classmates or teachers, you also hear all the time about people being fired for talking sh*t about their boss online.

If one of my college teachers posted on his FB, ''Chris is an effin idiot, smells like poop and his Ws6 sucks'' id be sure as hell to bring that up to the dean or higher.
This is all true. However in this incident the teacher never named any names. she was very good about not isolating anyone out.
Old 02-19-2011, 11:23 AM
TECH Regular

My wife is a teacher and I hear of what kids do. It sometimes becomes a hard job. Kids are rude to her sometimes and I tell her if only she could use some of the Marine Corps ways of teaching, she wouldn't have any disrespectful kids. Lol...
Old 02-22-2011, 07:30 AM
Teching In

aaahhhhhh yes..... the good ol' reset button. never fails!!!!